Simple way of adding changes in cues with LEDs

MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
edited September 2009 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
Still learing system, trying to figure out the bast way to make my led RGB lighting alternate from teal to purple in a cue? Would the best way to create this be an effectt?, and add then add to cue?. And if possible could you help me with the effect info?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited August 2009
    You could create a chase OR an effect and record it as a cue. It will probably yeild the same result.

However with a chase, there are more playback options such as tap sync, forward, back, bounce, random etc.

Best,
  • MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
    edited August 2009
    I was going to do a chase, but I was trying to stay within the same master. I ended up creating an effect, just a little different to understand. I was able to create the effect from teal to purple back and forth using HSI with a sine...

Are there any other tips and tricks whitepapers (other than the manual)on using the effects engine?

Also is there any "visual" feedback to actually see the sine, ramp, or others kind of like an oscilloscope view to see where you are in the "HSI" i.e see the actual dot moving back and forth from teal to purple, and able to see the path?

Just wondering.
    edited August 2009
    I also use mark on/off quite alot with colours.

You can keep it on 1 master. This is the way I program. I usually record chases around 100+ in the directory so I know my main lists have plenty of space. Just record a 2 cue chase in the list directory out of the way. Play it when you have got it hwo you want it, then put all of the other paramaters such as (position etc for other fixtures) on stage as well, then record the cue to your main list.

Best,
    edited August 2009
    Just a question, mark on /off looks good, but how do you get a "fade" I see the fade time but it has no effect?
    edited August 2009
    I generally never use fade time (of any sort) with Mark On/Off. Mainly because it is litterally on/off. The key with using that effects table is the offsets, having some well thought out offsets with that effect, can yeild great results.

Now the following isnt something I programmed but it is done with the same effects table and the programmer uses offsets to create the look. It was done on a Compulite Vector... Watch the LED's under the stairs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X94u_YG_PC4

Best wishes and I hope this helps :)
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Joe for the info!

That video is like what I am doing with my current led bars (48 12" LEDs) and my old lighting system (Compulive...), I will have to play with the effects engine to figure it out more!
    edited August 2009
    The effects engine is certainly best to play with then find out which is which. There is a good section on it in the manual though....

Have fun! :)
  • but0017but0017 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    you could also use macros and link the cuelist with the chase, to the master cueslist where everything else is run off
    edited August 2009
    Ahh, thats a good idea! Thanks Branden!
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited September 2009
    in a chase how do you use "tap sync"?
    edited September 2009
    snowmaniac153;41133 said:
    in a chase how do you use "tap sync"?

The chase has to be attached to a master, from there you can go into the cuelist options for that master and set the flash key to become tap sync.

Best,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2009
    Or...if it's a chase attached to a master....

Hold CHOOSE on the fader and tap the "PLAY" button on the fader to set the BPM.
    edited September 2009
    I used this last weekend, and it worked great, another note is it only takes two taps to sync to your speed.