Tablet PC running H3PC networked

RYANCRYANC Registered User
Hey all, I am looking at buying this tablet pc

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4650044&CatId=219

What would I need to make this work as a remote focus device running my HOG IPC?

Thanks

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2009
    A wireless router hooked up to the Hog-Net port (on the iPC this is the cat-5 port) is all you should need. I tend to turn off DHCP on my routers and let the console give out IPs....that way if the router goes down your show won't crash.

Make sure that the machine is a 32-bit version of Vista and not 64-bit or H3PC will not install.

Hope this helps. :)
  • RYANCRYANC Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Marty.. would it matter if my console is running 2.6 and my laptop running 3.2?
  • lightmike87lightmike87 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    So once you've networked the iPC to the laptop, do you just run the same show? and then that laptop becomes live?

With this said, If I were to leave the iPC in a booth and setup a tech table with a laptop and playback wing, networked to the console, I would be able to run cues?
    edited August 2009
    RYANC wrote: »
    Thanks Marty.. would it matter if my console is running 2.6 and my laptop running 3.2?

I think you mean 3.02;)....FYI 3.0.5 is the latest.

Yes....the console and your H3PC client need to be on the same version software.....I highly recommend updating your iPC and H3PC.
    edited August 2009
    So once you've networked the iPC to the laptop, do you just run the same show? and then that laptop becomes live?

At startup/launcher window.
    Ensure that your client is running on the proper network adapter.
    Select "Settings"
    Turn off RUN SERVER
    Set client to be a console number that is different (usually "2" is fine)
    Rescan the network (if needed) and then log into the show that is already running.
    With this said, If I were to leave the iPC in a booth and setup a tech table with a laptop and playback wing, networked to the console, I would be able to run cues?

Yes.

Hope this helps. :)