I have a question music programming

Ok, so i'm new to the Wholehog system and i think it is great! For live music i love to busk with loads of scenes and chases on playbacks. But what i want to ask is how do you guys program for non live music?

In a cue list can you add chases as cues? How should i be looking to do pre programmed cues for music that needs chases and scenes?

Also is it possible to trigger a MP3 file in iTunes or anything on the Mac when you start a cue list? I know that the Jands Vista software works on a time line that you can add a music file to to program to, how would you do that on the Hog??

I'm new to the Wholehog, i understand the basics of all consoles but each console has its own way of doing things. What is the Hog way

Thanks for your help, David!
  • On the full size Hog 3 you can play a CD from the console and then use the time stamp information from the CD to trigger your cues and you can output the sound from the back though a 1/8 inch stereo plug. You play the CD and use the Learn Timing function in the cuelist options tool bar, to stamp the timing info from the CD into the wait colum of the cuelist. None of the other Hog consoles have the ability to play a CD, only the full size Hog 3. All the Hog’s can do the Learn Timing function.
    A cuelist can only be a chase or a cuelist it cannot be booth. You can use the link function to link between several cues in a cuelist but it is not a chase. You can have several links in a cuelist jumping back or forward. It’s the (Insert Link) button in the cuelist option tool bar. Or you can have a comment macro trigger another cuelist that is a chase (GL14) and cultist 14 could be that chase. You can have several comment macro on one cue or as many as you want in a cuelist.
    So the cuelist you build for you song will have all the different parts of the song as cues and you can use the comment macro to trigger other chases or other cues from other cue list.
  • On the full size Hog 3 you can play a CD from the console and then use the time stamp information from the CD to trigger your cues and you can output the sound from the back though a 1/8 inch stereo plug. You play the CD and use the Learn Timing function in the cuelist options tool bar, to stamp the timing info from the CD into the wait colum of the cuelist. None of the other Hog consoles have the ability to play a CD, only the full size Hog 3. All the Hog’s can do the Learn Timing function.
    A cuelist can only be a chase or a cuelist it cannot be booth. You can use the link function to link between several cues in a cuelist but it is not a chase. You can have several links in a cuelist jumping back or forward. It’s the (Insert Link) button in the cuelist option tool bar. Or you can have a comment macro trigger another cuelist that is a chase (GL14) and cultist 14 could be that chase. You can have several comment macro on one cue or as many as you want in a cuelist.
    So the cuelist you build for you song will have all the different parts of the song as cues and you can use the comment macro to trigger other chases or other cues from other cue list.
  • Ok, I had a look at the 'learn timings' tab, but was unsure how to work it with a cue list, what do I need to change?

And agin, thanks for your help!
  • You don’t need to change anything. Learn Timing applies wait times to the cues in the cuelist. Release you cuelist goto the first cue, turn on learn timing and then press play for you cues. This will stamp a time in the wait colum of the cue. It will not overweight any timing info for the cue if it is already in the cue wait colum. When you are done stamping the time, turn off the learn timing. Release your cuelist and start it from the top now it will play by itself with the times you pressed play for the cues. It does explain the learn timing in the manual on page 237.
  • If you dont have a Hog 3 console then you can not use the CD as a trigger for the cues.
Related