New to Lighting need help on some questions~

Hi everybody,

I'm just hired in a club as Lighting assistant, I got a few question need to be answer for me to learn more and play the light to its fullest potential.

1: How can i connect Hog3PC to the RoadHog console?? (is there a converter cabble or device needed?)
2: Is it possible for me to use the RoadHog console as a control surface for the Hog3PC show??
3: Can i copy the show i've programmed in Hog3PC to the RoadHog console to use it??

Anybody willing to teach me about this is highly appreciated...

p/s: pardon me if my grammar is not that good.
  • [quote=ffmichael;39846]Hi everybody,

I'm just hired in a club as Lighting assistant, I got a few question need to be answer for me to learn more and play the light to its fullest potential.

Hi. I am sure nobody will have any problems with that :)

[quote=ffmichael;39846]
    1: How can i connect Hog3PC to the RoadHog console?? (is there a converter cabble or device needed?)

If you have the standard Road Hog, you cannot network in any way. Is it definitly a Road Hog, or a Road Hog Full Boar?

[quote=ffmichael;39846]
    2: Is it possible for me to use the RoadHog console as a control surface for the Hog3PC show??

You can load the show onto the Road Hog (I will explain below) but you cannot connect them together as server and client.

[quote=ffmichael;39846]
    3: Can i copy the show i've programmed in Hog3PC to the RoadHog console to use it??

Simply copy (or save) the show you made on H3PC to a USB memory stick. You can do this by pressing [Setup] >> Then cllick the [Show manager] softkey that will appear in the bottom right hand side of the primary touchscreen.

Hope this helps :)
  • Make sure that when you are transferring the file that it is a backup copy and not the full show file.

Eric
  • Yes. You can also make the backup file in the show manager. The console (including H3PC) can be set to backup automatically. That too can be configured in the show manager.

Best Regards,
  • Hey dude,
    A couple of suggestions, Just make sure to back-up the current main show from the club console in a couple of different places before you start loading your stuff onto it, make sure that the console and your 3PC are the same version of software, also if you are an assistant and new to lighting be sure you have someone who knows what they are doing there especially if you are loading new shows a couple of hours before the club is opening, and read the manual...good luck
  • [QUOTE=Joe Bleasdale;39847]Hi. I am sure nobody will have any problems with that :)

If you have the standard Road Hog, you cannot network in any way. Is it definitly a Road Hog, or a Road Hog Full Boar?

You can load the show onto the Road Hog (I will explain below) but you cannot connect them together as server and client.

Simply copy (or save) the show you made on H3PC to a USB memory stick. You can do this by pressing [Setup] >> Then cllick the [Show manager] softkey that will appear in the bottom right hand side of the primary touchscreen.

Hope this helps :)

The club is using 2 RoadHog console.. not the Full Boar version,

1: So means the only thing i can do is to transfer the showfile from 3PC to the console right?
    2: All I have to do is done all the programming in the 3PC by following the grouping in the console and just program cues or palettes correct?

thank you all for answering my question~ cheers :friday:
  • [quote=ffmichael;39989]The club is using 2 RoadHog console.. not the Full Boar version,

1: So means the only thing i can do is to transfer the showfile from 3PC to the console right?

Pretty much, yes.

[quote=ffmichael;39989]
    2: All I have to do is done all the programming in the 3PC by following the grouping in the console and just program cues or palettes correct?

thank you all for answering my question~ cheers :friday:

Anything you can do on the console, you can do in 3PC. My advice would be to add all your fixtures in 3PC, make all your palettes and groups in there, then when you have done everything you need to do, load it onto the console (using the USB flash drive). You could program your show entirly on either the console or 3PC. It doesnt really matter. But when you are playing back, you obviously need real fixtures, so you would then load the show onto the console.

Does that make sense? :)
  • [QUOTE=Joe Bleasdale;39994]Pretty much, yes.

Anything you can do on the console, you can do in 3PC. My advice would be to add all your fixtures in 3PC, make all your palettes and groups in there, then when you have done everything you need to do, load it onto the console (using the USB flash drive). You could program your show entirly on either the console or 3PC. It doesnt really matter. But when you are playing back, you obviously need real fixtures, so you would then load the show onto the console.

Does that make sense? :)

ya... now i should read the manual and do the stuff 1 by 1 and see how it works... lol.. thanks a lot :D
  • one new question.....

can I copy the showfile from the Road Hog and add/ edit it on Hog3PC??
    so I can just straight use the fixture there to do more cues etc.
  • Make a backup file when ever you do this. Never copy it, it would take forever. Make the backup, use it in 3PC, update it by saving it again, then take it back and load it into the console

Best,
Related