Releasing

Is there a way to specify how a playback releases fixtures. For example, I would like to put a 2 sec delay on releasing the positions so that you don't see the fixtures move when they are released

Thanks
  • Make a scene, then add a release macro, but add a 2 second time delay to position?

Best Regards,
  • If you're releasing a particular list...do something similar to what Joe said...

In your last cue, fade the lights out. Record a point cue (ie 4.1) that is blank. In the comment field put a "RLx" macro to release that list with a "follow" in the wait time.

That way, your lights will fade out and, as soon as the fade out is finished, it will release the list by running the RL macro.
  • how do you use the Macro?? I know if you hit set on the comment list, it brings up all the features. But then when i click on the comment I want to use, it just goes away. what am i doing wrong or how should it work normally?

Also kinda off topic but is there a way to put a time on a pallet? so when you click your color it fades in the color or if you click position it will take the light there on a 2 sec time.
  • You can type in the macro using a keyboard if you know the exact syntax. It is covered in the manual. (Which is avaliable on the console)

Regards,
  • Chad,
    You can definitely do the point cue after the last cue and fad out the fixtures, but what I would do is. Go into the Setup/patch/edit fixtures. Select the type of fixtures you want say X-Spots, at the top right of the edit fixture screen there is a button the says Sort by function, press this and you can see all selected fixture parts, select pan and change the second colum (Releasable) from yes to no by using the (set) bottom and then do the same for tilt.
    When you change the Releasable colum, this will now, not release the pan/tilt when you clear the programmer or release a cue list. The pan/tilt will stay in the last position until you give it a new position. I do this all the time for DL2’s and DL.3’s I also apply this to the Zoom/Focus of the DL fixtures. You can apply the not releasable function to any parameter.
  • Snowmaniac153,
    You ask:
    “Also kinda off topic but is there a way to put a time on a pallet? so when you click your color it fades in the color or if you click position it will take the light there on a 2 sec time”

To record time into a pallet after you press the record buttom on the bottum right screen you see ( Use I, Use P, Use C, Use B, Use T, Use E). If you build a color and befor you store it, after you press recored push in the Use C and the Use T, this wll store time into the color pallet. Now in the collor palet you will see in the top right corner a C and a T. To apply time in the programmer when you sellect this color pallet with time you need to turn on Fade Changes in the programmer. With Fade Changes on when you change peramitors in the programmer it will apply time to the change.

Macros,
    If you select say the macrow GM for a go on a fader master, in the macro windo you have to tellit what fader number, so if you want fader #5 to play you woul click on the GM and then use the number 5 and then enter. Now it should say GM5 in the macro window. If you want to play a spific cue from that fader you would click on the GM and then 5/10 , so now the macro ready GM5/10, this will play cue 10 from fader 5.
Related