Road Hog to Artnet

matt8445matt8445 Registered User
I have never connected a Road Hog to an Art-Net Device before. I am curious to know how much success others have had with this and if anyone cares to help walk me throught it. I have booth luminex ethernet-DMX8 boxes and Martin Ether2DMX Boxes.

Appreciate any help in advance.

Matt
:)

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited July 2009
    You mean the standard Road Hog?

the standard one does not support Art-Net directly out like the Full Boar does. I have heard that net lynx or cat lynx work to convert the DMX to Art-Net, then you can convert back again at the other end.

Regards,
  • matt8445matt8445 Registered User
    edited July 2009
    It is a full boar. Sorry that I didn't put that.

I tried going out of the fixture ethernet jack and go into a luminex box with a cat 5 crossover cable.

What type of network settings do I need to have?

Matt
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Matt, you cannot directly run Artnet out of the back of the Hog, you need a DP8000 as it is the unit that has Artnet output. The Full Boar ethernet is just running Hognet.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2009
    Andris, FYI the FB is capable of outputting ARNET. It has both Hog-Net and Fixture link Ethercon connectors. You can output up to 12 universes via artnet.
  • timmathtimmath Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I have successfully used the Luminex node 8's with a RHFB, it's just a case of assigning both IP addresses in the same range they should talk to each other...

If you get any kind of glitch's with the luminex please report it to them as they are aware of a bug in the error correction software in the nodes... if you end up with a similar set up to us you may experience it too...

Regards

Tim
  • edited July 2009
    > What type of network settings do I need to have?

There's no one-size-fits-all network setup. This will entirely depend on your specific network configuration. You'll need to know the IP address and network settings for your output node, and configure the fixture link port on the console to match.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Andris wrote: »
    Matt, you cannot directly run Artnet out of the back of the Hog, you need a DP8000 as it is the unit that has Artnet output. The Full Boar ethernet is just running Hognet.

Wrong... The FB can run BOTH Hog-Net AND Art-Net. As a matter of fact I did it yesturday. I ran Art-Net to a Hippo and Hog-Net to a laptop.

Regards,
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited July 2009
    So is it the H3 that needs a DP8K to do artnet?
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Andris wrote: »
    So is it the H3 that needs a DP8K to do artnet?

Correct. You can also add more DP8ks to a hognet network to expand your universe capabilities and it will output those as DMX and/or artnet. You also need a DP8k for an iPC if desired. The Full boar is the only console to have artnet on board, and the road hog standard doesn't have any networking on board meaning no way to add DP's to it.

Ryan