Dodgy S. Color 575

Hey y'all,

I've got a studio color 575 that seems to have dodgy DMX. Naturally, I checked out my data cable first because that always goes first, and the cable was passing data through another instrument. So I figured that it was time to take it down and troubleshoot. The data in jack does not feel loose on the outside--I checked the soldering connection on the PC board--seems okay. Is there anything else that could cause it to go? BTW, the self test performs as it should. Thanks for any suggestions.

:dunno:
  • I had a similar problem with a StudioColor-M, and swapped the DMX transceiver chip, and it appears to be OK thereafter, but has not see a lot of use to prove the fix to be 100%. The DMX interface card has only three chips on it - two opto isolators and the transceiver, and they are all replaceable for about $1 each . . .
    also check the harness to the logic PCB, since DMX passthrough is on the DMX interface card, so it can pass signal cleanly down the line, and still have a break to the logic card.

- Tim

[quote=Wrecker;39476]Hey y'all,

I've got a studio color 575 that seems to have dodgy DMX. Naturally, I checked out my data cable first because that always goes first, and the cable was passing data through another instrument. So I figured that it was time to take it down and troubleshoot. The data in jack does not feel loose on the outside--I checked the soldering connection on the PC board--seems okay. Is there anything else that could cause it to go? BTW, the self test performs as it should. Thanks for any suggestions.

:dunno:
Related