Making the Hog3 faster ?

vigsovigso Registered User
Hi....

Is there a plan in the near future, to give the hog3 consol more prosessor power :confused:.... so it will be just as fast as the RHFB...:dunno:

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited July 2009
    vigso wrote: »
    Hi....

Is there a plan in the near future, to give the hog3 consol more prosessor power :confused:.... so it will be just as fast as the RHFB...:dunno:

This is one of the pro's/con's of the Hog 3 against the Full Boar. Is it possible to send a Hog 3 in to HES and get a bigger processor added?

Thanks,
  • but0017but0017 Registered User
    edited July 2009
    whats wrong with putting one in yourself. may void your warranty but its only a pc motherboard
    edited July 2009
    I would also like to upgrade the graphics card...

Regards,
  • PryderiPryderi Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2009
    I was under the impression that as the Hog 3 is a custom motherboard, 100% embedded then upgrades of this type are not possible. You can't therefore just replace one processor with another newer (faster) one.

The latter products are not - which is why using a Road Hog / Fullboar always feels more responsive that a 3.

P
    edited July 2009
    Pryderi wrote: »
    I was under the impression that as the Hog 3 is a custom motherboard, 100% embedded then upgrades of this type are not possible. You can't therefore just replace one processor with another newer (faster) one.

I was also under that impression. That is why I want to know whether HES can upgrade it for me.

:hogsign:
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2009
    I think you are stuck with the way it is try a DP8000 things do run better.