Problems with copy values

ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
edited February 2010 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
We discovered some problems with coping values from one group to an other group of fixtures. Example;

We made a position with spot 1 thru 10, then we did 1 [thru] 10 [Position] [copy] 11 thru 20. Only spot 11 or 11 and 20 will get the value. The rest of the spot are ignored. It happens also when we want to copy colour, beam or effects.

Did anyone else see this issue?

We are using software version 3.0.5 and we see this happen on different shows and console setups (dp 2000's and dp 8000's) and it is happening randomly. For some reason I don't see it happen on HOGPC. So maybe it's related to HOG3 desk and dp's?

Kind Regards,

EJB

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited July 2009
    Are 11<20 the same fixture type as 1<10?
  • ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2009
    Hello chris,

Yes, it are all the same fixture types. But it also happens when we coping data to another fixture type.

EJB
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2010
    IPC 3.1.4 b2760

I've been noticing this quite a bit. It happens when I copy FX values from one group of Generic RGB LEDs to another group of Generic RGB LEDs. Sometimes, whole chunks of Leds are skipped in the group, and sometimes it's just individual random LEDs that are skipped.
  • joel youngjoel young Registered User
    edited February 2010
    I had the same problem. I worked around it by replicating another set of lights and then deleteing the original set. The new set copied....wierd.
    edited February 2010
    I believe this is due to a bug in the software where fix numbers (not user numbers) are inappropriately being used during the cloning operation.

For example, if you try to copy fixtures with user number 1<5 to fixtures with user numbers 6<10 and fixtures 1<5 have fix numbers 10,11,12,8,9 then only the first three fixtures will copy their values.

I am looking into this right now and verifiying this is the issue so I can get a defect openned for it. This would explain why replication the offending fixtures would fix the problem because fix nums are generated when fixtures are added to the fixture schedule.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2010
    I've been seeing the same problem both using the keypad and the group directory.Knocking out the destination selection to redo the copying sometimes helps.
    edited February 2010
    This is indeed a logged defect as I had described. Bug #10311.