Axon custom rack

I am designing my own rack mount case for Axon along with its contents. I particulary want to keep eveything together in the case, (like Maxedia).

Now the idea includes the following..

2U rack mountable fan with LEDs
1U rack mountable screen and keyboard
3U Axon
2U custom config panel
2U fan
2U lockable drawer

Now I will explain this. The rack mountable screen and keyboard are basically the same as what ships with the maxedia. It folds together and goes into a 1U rack space. I have also seen it used with the MA VPU when I was in the MA office here in the UK. Something similar to this:

www.industrial-computer-enclosure.co.uk/sitegraphics/rack-mount-monitor.gif

Now the custom config panel... If you look on the front of the maxedia, all the connections are avaliable on the front aswell as the back. Connections such as DMX in/out and GUI/effects engine output. Basically, I want to make a 2U blank panel into one of these panels. I have seen similar things done in the sound world... just wondering whether any of you have something like that with your Axon servers. I am also wieghing up the pros/cons of paying extra for a shock proof case rather than a standard rack case...

If you have any pictures of your Axon rack, I would appriciate it if you posted them so I can see what your setups are like. Thanks,