"No Page" question / issue

Greetings,

Each time we boot up our iPC it defaults to "No Page". Am I missing a setting or is it another issue.
(I am running v3.0.3 (b 2452) - I had to roll back from v3.0.4 due to bug #12795)

Thanks in advance....
  • Not sure what you mean by "no page", but you can put in a Change Page startup macro so that it always boots up to whatever page you want.

CPx in the startup macro field should alleviate what you're seeing.

SETUP PREFERENCES - scroll down to MISC

forums.highend.com/photopost/data/500/Picture_11.png
  • When the bootup is complete there isn't a page loaded and "no page" appears in the lower right corner of my touchscreen. I have no problems changing the page, its just a new occurance since the upgrade.

I don't generally use a startup macro but will put one in and see what happens.

Thanks
  • R Scott,

It looks like you have ran into bug #12676 that states the following:
    When you UNDO a new page creation in a show, you are left working on the undone
    page instead of being moved to a valid page. You manually have to change the
    page in order to get back to a valid page. If you don't switch to a valid page
    then this can lead to confusion down the road.

If you log off and log back onto the show without having changed to a
    valid page then you are logged back onto a "NO PAGE" and will be greeted with
    an error message if you try to record to a master on that page.I have added your report to the bug log. You should create another new page in your show file and be on that page when you log off/back on. This should resolve the problem.
  • Hey Brad,

I hadn't been working in the page directory when I noticed this. It appeared the day after I updated to v3.0.4 and then back down to v3.0.3. I ususally load the page I will need first the next day before I shut down each night. It was when I booted up the follwoing day in that I noticed this.

I have since utilized a startup macro and haven't run into the "no page" issue since.

I have, however, sent a show file to Tom Erickson regarding a seperate issue with pages (forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=8006) and have since heard back from Chris Muenchow.

Thanks for all you guys do to help us out here. I greatly appreciate it.

Scott
Related