Problems when closing fixture window

kirkf1tzkirkf1tz Registered User
Hog III, current software, no accessories plugged in.

When closing the patch window, random fixtures (VL3000's, Studio Beams) will forget their default values, and pan/tilt to 0/0, and all other attributes go to 0. Not ALL fixtures do this, just certain ones.

Secondly, random dimmers will also flash. Can't tell if it is the same ones each time or different dimmers, but I will look closely.

Also, this does not happen EVERY time when exiting patch, but about 50% of the time. We can correct it by touching all parameters, then knocking it all out of the programmer. Also, this happens when parameters are modified in programmer AND when nothing is in the programmer. Only cues running are HTP handles for work and house lights.

Is this a known bug? I know in the past I have had to wait just a few seconds for the DP2000 to refresh right after patching, but this seems to be unrelated.

Thanks,
--Kirk Fitzgerald

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Are you trying to work in the patch window whilst you have other editors etc open on the console? Because that alone is known to cause problems.

Regards,
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Secondly, random dimmers will also flash. Can't tell if it is the same ones each time or different dimmers, but I will look closely.

Are these dimmers also changing values in your outputscreen, or can it be a rotten connection somewhere?
    Maybe you could put a dmx-tester on your DP to see if there is a pulse coming from the DP or something is wrong in the dimmerracks
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Kirk,

Please send me your show file via our uplaoder at http://upload.highend.com so we can try to reproduce the problem here in our lab.

thanks,
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2009
    kirkf1tz;38893 said:
    Hog III, current software, no accessories plugged in.

What is the build #### of your software? DP-2000 or DP-8000?