Rem Dim ignore HTP

erockerock Registered User
Hi, I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a feature that is a user preference for when you use Rem Dim for it to ignore the fixtures that are in use on HTP faders.

This would be great if you had houselights or worklights on during a rehearsal and the LD wants to see just one light on that it wouldn't affect the house or works.

Thanks
Eric

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I would agree on this one. I like the Rem-Dim function due to the fact my first desk was a strand. It is in my programmers nature. I think a box where you can just type the fixture numbers in would be a good option.

Regards,
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I was thinking more that it would simply be a button in user preferences that you could toggle on and off and then you would just use Rem Dim as you normally do, only that if this was turned on, that it would ignore HTP faders that were active.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I was thinking more along the lines of on a fixture by fixture basis... However your suggestion is a good one.

Regards,
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited June 2009
    is the "park"-function not an option?
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    It definitely is an option, but I was looking to for instance to put my houselights and worklights on faders but also be able to use Rem Dim without affecting them. In this scenario, I feel like using "park" is a little clunky.

Eric
  • sandersander Registered User
    edited June 2009
    to add a column in the patch window, where you can dis-enable the remdim-function for a fixture could be an option. but then you'll have other workarounds when used in non-htp faders...
    or maybe the command: 'remdim - list x enter' or even 'remdim - group x enter' could be usefull.