Unblock All Feature

erockerock Registered User
Hi, I'm wondering if it might be possible to impliment an unblock all feature. This would be an option for each cuelist and would have the ability to have a "block list" that contains cues that you would like to remain blocked with hard values and would ignore the Unblock All command. Cues in this list may be partially blocked as per however they were recorded. I think this would be invaluable in a theatrical cue stack where you may be going thru cues and recording a bunch of hard levels where you don't want them and this would be a quick way to "clean" up the stack.

Thanks
Eric

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Eric,

Early Wholehog software actually had a field in the cuelist labeled "block". The plan was (is) to allow the user to specify a cue as a block cue. Then not only would tracking not continue through this cue, but also unblocking would not affect these cues. As the blocking funciton was not yet implemented, the column was hidden from the cuelist view.

Enhanements #6044 and #6057 are about the blocking functionality and include the feature you request.
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Would this block column allow a user to specify a partial block, for instance if I wanted backstage run lights to track thru the block?

Thanks
    Eric
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Eric,

Not initially.. the specification was only to create a total block cue. A "partial" block is not really a block cue, is it? Although I do understand your desire to have a partial block. I will add it to the enhancement thread.
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    That's true, I agree, it's not really a block cue. What I normally do to create a block cue is select my group that has everything that I want blocked and touch it and then update the cue. I would just like for the fixtures not in the group to be blocked as well with this new feature.

Thanks
    Eric