A couple of things

erockerock Registered User
Hi, a couple of questions

I was wanting to edit a group and pressed Group 121 Open. The group's contents came into the programmer. Is there a way to have these contents come into their own editor like when you open a cue. I was in a situation where i had other things in the programmer that I didn't want to add into the group.

I set a look on stage and then pressed Record Cue 1 Time 5/10. The command line turned blue which I think indicates that a command has occured? The cue was recorded but the time of the cue used the default time and not 5/10. Is this possible to do in one series of commands?

Thanks
Eric

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    erock;38620 said:

I was wanting to edit a group and pressed Group 121 Open. The group's contents came into the programmer. Is there a way to have these contents come into their own editor like when you open a cue. I was in a situation where i had other things in the programmer that I didn't want to add into the group.

I seem to remember this being discussed not so long ago. Looking at the syntax and what you can do with palettes, you would think it was possible. However it is not. Groups hold the fixture selection, not parameters. The palettes hold parameters and therefore can be opened as an editor. If you try to open a group, you cant. This is the correct behaviour.

Regards,
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I feel like this functionality could be useful and it seems to be part of the whole "multiple editor" concept of the Hog 3. Is this something that could be logged as an enhancement. The way this currently works is much more reminiscent of the Hog 2 than the Hog 3.....

Eric
    edited June 2009
    erock;38627 said:
    I feel like this functionality could be useful and it seems to be part of the whole "multiple editor" concept of the Hog 3. Is this something that could be logged as an enhancement. The way this currently works is much more reminiscent of the Hog 2 than the Hog 3.....

Eric,

I am intigued to know more about what you mean... I am sure one of the HES staff will come along and log the appropriate request if they deem necassary.

Regards,
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Eric,

If you want to record to a group some of what is in your editor, then you can just select what you want and press RECORD More SELECTED and record (or merge) into a group. Groups can not be edited like palettes as groups do not contain any parameter data.
    edited June 2009
    Eric,

I have tested this and confirmed that the syntax "Record 1 time 5/10" will indeed revert to the default value. Using "Record 1 time 10" will behave as
    expected. You can set the in/out time of the cue either right before you record or after the cue is recorded.

I have logged bug #12898 about this problem.
  • tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited June 2009
    For clarification, recording groups always only looks at the selected fixtures, correct? I don't think there is a need to do more --> selected in this case.
    edited June 2009
    tedcook;38641 said:
    For clarification, recording groups always only looks at the selected fixtures, correct?

That sounds correct to my knowledge. When parameters start getting attached, it becomes a palette. If you do record a group with a parameter in it, I dont think the parameter is recorded. However when using the group in programming, parameters can be quickly added within the same keystroke. as an example - I commonly use [Group] [X] [@] [X%].

I also do not see the need to enhance the group creation/selection process any further.

Regards,
    edited June 2009
    Ted,

Yes you are correct... thanks for catching that..