Network File Sharing

erockerock Registered User
Hi, I have this working and am able to access a shared folder from my IPC. Is it possible to access the shows folder on the IPC from my PC? I went into My Computer and then clicked tools, Map Network Drive and typed in \\172.31.0.1\shows in the folder entry and it seemed to connect but then it asked me for a password? This is in 3.0.4 and the PC is XP Prof. with SP3.

Thanks
Eric

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I think you should be able to see the iPCs HDD on your computer as another HDD.

Does that make sense?
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    That concept makes sense, what I'm confused about is how to actually do this?
    edited June 2009
    If it can be done (Not sure that it can), just go to "my computer". Then the iPC HDD should be showing up as any other external HDD would.

Regards,
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited June 2009
    iPCs, Road Hogs, Full Boars, and Hog3's are not enabled as a shared network drives. They can only connect to other shared network drives as a client.
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Chris. Is it possible to log a request to change this please?

Thanks,
    edited June 2009
    OK thank you, is this functionality something that could be logged as an enhancement. It would be great to be able to connect from a client and transfer show files from the hard drive without having to be next to the console.

Thanks
    Eric
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited June 2009
    Logged as enhancement #11242
    edited June 2009
    c_muenchow;38599 said:
    Logged as enhancement #11242

Thanks Chris :headbang:
    edited June 2009
    One other question in regards to network file sharing, I have a computer that is wirelessly connected and when I start Hog3PC, it is able to see the show server and connect to the show. I'm trying to map the network drive on this PC on the IPC and I'm not having any luck. The wireless signal is showing up as low, I'm not sure if that would affect Network File Transfer. On the first computer that I got this to work on, it didn't have a password and the user name was only one word. On this second computer, the user name is two words, I tried it with a space and with a _ and also has a password. Would either of these things affect the ability to connect. It tries to connect but I eventually get connection timed out.

Thanks
    Eric
    edited June 2009
    Are the IP adresses and net masks configured correctly?

Regards,
    edited June 2009
    Yes, to my knowledge they are, the two PC's that I described have nearly identical setups, the differences are:

IP Addesses: (172.31.0.2 and 172.31.0.3)

PC that works has a one name username

PC that doesn't has a two word username

PC that works does not have a password

PC that doesn't has a password
    edited June 2009
    I'm fresh out of ideas at this point. However going from that setup, I would consider changing the user name on the PC that doesnt work. Its a long shot, but you never know!

Regards,