Releasing Channel Numbers

Rhd1234Rhd1234 Registered User
Hey everyone i have a question and here it is. On one fader i have a all of my house lights and it is divided into 2 cues house lights on and house lights off. In a recent show i was creating a cue and the act asked that we put up some house lights and not all of them so i did by using the channel numbers. Since the hog is a tracking console it tracked them into the next cue until i took the channel numbers and placed them at 0. Now every time i want to use my house light fader it will not work because the house light channel number values are tracking at 0 in each cue. Is there a way to release those channel numbers so i can use my fader for bringing up and down the house lights?

I am running a whole hog 3 console with a very late version ver 2.3.1 i havent had time to upgrade it yet. I am using two DP's (aka NSP).
If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Rhd1234;38550 said:

I am running a whole hog 3 console with a very late version ver 2.3.1 i havent had time to upgrade it yet. I am using two nsp's.
    If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

I am not sure how to do what you request. I have an idea... but I am not in my office at the moment to check on a console. However I would suggest using a scene on a fader for house lights etc, that way you can [Release] [Choose] or [Release] [Scene] [X].

And just FYI...Its a DP not an NSP. NSP is the MA version but they are both the same thing! :p :trink26:

Regards,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2009
    Select the lights that are at 0...touch. (This is JUST to get them into the programmer)

Record REMOVE (on the record toolbar that pops up on the bottom of the right touch screen) Cue X Enter.

Hit clear.

This will remove the ones at 0 from the cue.
  • JVRLIGHTSJVRLIGHTS Registered User
    edited June 2009
    can you not use [choose] [assert]?
    J
  • tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Alternatively, make your standard houselight cue list an HTP fader so you don't have to worry about releasing specific fixtures.
  • sandersander Registered User
    edited June 2009
    an other question, how can you knock out a fixture for a specified or several different lists, in which it is used a lot?
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Goto post 3!!

Instead of selecting fixtures at 0 just selct the fixtures you want to knockout.
    edited June 2009
    sorry, but the command: '501 record remove cue 1 thru 3 enter' is not removing anything, though i think it should be a good syntax. or even: '501 record remove list 103 enter' could be right i guess?
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2009
    Is 501 your fixture number you're trying to remove?

If so, you need to get 501 into the programmer FIRST.

So....if you need to remove it's intensity....501 INT Touch to get it into the programmer.

THEN....RECORD remove 1>x ENTER.

If you want to remove all existence of 501 in the cues...501 TOUCH (to get EVERYTHING). Record Remove 1>x ENTER.

Hope it helps...
    edited June 2009
    yep! thanks...
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Alternatively you can also open the cue in an editor (either View Cue or Open Cue).....then select "Edit", Select your fixtures and then knockout the paramters you don't want....Update and you're good to go!

Hope this helps. :)
  • Rhd1234Rhd1234 Registered User
    edited June 2009
    If you knockout the values in one cue do you think it might track through to the rest of the cues? Is there a way for that to happen without having to individually go in to every cue and knockout the values?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    RHD1234,

If you follow Jon's example in post #9 above, this will remove the parameters of the selected fixture from all the cues specified. Knocking out from a single cue will only remove the data from that specific cue and any subsequent tracked information.