DMX Output

octoberskyoctobersky Registered User
I'm using the Hog 3PC software and want to monitor the DMX values being sent to the USB Widget. How do I do this? Thank You.

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Hold down [Setup] and press the [DMX] tab.

Regards,
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Garrett,

Joe is close, but not quite correct. You need to press SETUP then press DMX on the toolbar on the bottom of the right screen.
  • octoberskyoctobersky Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Thank you.

Will the values show in the "DMX Output" window even if a USB Widget is not connected or broken?
  • edited June 2009
    > Will the values show in the "DMX Output" window
    > even if a USB Widget is not connected or broken?

It depends on the software version. In newer software, the DMX window will only have data in it if there's a DP or Widget attached to that universe. I don't have my notes in front of me to remind me exactly when the behavior changed.
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2009
    In 3.0.4 does the console only output DMX for addresses that are actually patched? So if address 4 in a given universe is not patched, it will not be outputted, this would be my assumption looking at the DMX window?

Thanks
    Eric
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    bradpepe wrote: »
    Joe is close, but not quite correct. You need to press SETUP then press DMX on the toolbar on the bottom of the right screen.

Thanks Brad.:o

Regards,
  • octoberskyoctobersky Registered User
    edited June 2009
    All the fixtures are patched, however DMX values are not displayed when the USB Widget is disconnected. What version do I need to install in order to see the DMX values independent of a connection to a Widget?