Comprehensive Backup

SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
There may be a way to do this already, but I cannot find it. I'd like to be able to backup all shows in the /show directory either to CD or USB tumbdrive without having to backup each show individually.

It would be nice before a full system restore.. I just spent the better part of an hour backing up shows before upgrading.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to drag and drop a full directory structure from one place to another.

Comments

• tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited June 2009
    If you turn on the auto-backup feature in each of your shows then you should always have a reliable backup stored on disk (from the last time you used that show)

I don't know about dragging and dropping, but I believe you can right click a folder, choose copy, and paste it where you want it to transfer all the contents.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited June 2009
    in the file-browser drag complete "show"-folder to "G" (or whatever captial for usb-stick), and just drop
  • tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited June 2009
    As a general rule you usually don't want to drag the complete "show" folder onto a usb stick as copying an uncompressed show takes a ridiculously long time. Just copy the backups and it only takes a couple seconds.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited June 2009
    ted is right
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited June 2009
    Ok,
    how about an additional option box or prefe when doing a CD burn/backup to select "all files"
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Enhancement #11116 has been updated to include information from this thread. It deals with copying and deleting multiple show or backup files.