"Switching"

I have a show coming up and I'm using a Hog for the first time! My TD has been trying to get me to switch from GMA to Hog for a while and he has finally got me to try it out.

Anyways, one of my big questions is....

On the GMA there are executor buttons that I used for running effects (strobes, effects, intensity etc...) temporarily on the fly. Basically a Flash button. How would I go about doing that on the hog. (I'm using a Hog 3 and a wing)
  • there are a few possibilities, f.e. :
    -put them in a quelist, and push on the touchscreen to execute. You can make a quelist with the 1th step your fx, and the 2th step a release
    -or assign the fx / quelists to a master or to the the wing, and use the playbutton or flashbutton to execute
  • Cory,

My personal setup that I used for years before getting an expansion wing was similar to yours. I had the console (10 faders), the wing (10 faders) and then using virtual lists like executors.

Close all your windows on your screens. LIST OPEN (this will open the cuelist directory). Press the SPLIT button on the upper right screen. This splits it into 2 different windows. Move one window onto the left screen and one onto the right screen. Maximize both windows. Now, currently, they will both be showing the same set of lists. Scroll down on the right screen until the lists are separate from the left screen. Hold down RECORD and press a view button.

You now have 144 executors (72 on each screen) if I did my math right. This allows you to build "executor" lists on these two screen.

Like I mentioned before, I ran my console like this for years. In the upper left screen, I had colors (odd/even swaps, etc). In the lower left, I had beam buttons (gobos, iris, etc.). In the upper right, I had position changes. In the lower right, I had intensity effects.

Hope that makes sense....
  • [quote=coryedwards;38432]a wing

Which wing is it? I am asuming it is a playback or expansion wing. The playback wing is the small one with 10 faders, the expansion wing is the same size as the Hog 3. 20 faders and 20 faderless playbacks. The faderless playbacks are great "executors".

Regards,
  • Its the 20x20 fader wing

[quote=Joe Bleasdale;38440]Which wing is it? I am asuming it is a playback or expansion wing. The playback wing is the small one with 10 faders, the expansion wing is the same size as the Hog 3. 20 faders and 20 faderless playbacks. The faderless playbacks are great "executors".

Regards,
  • Thanks! Ill definitely try this out

[quote=jxgriffi;38437]Cory,

My personal setup that I used for years before getting an expansion wing was similar to yours. I had the console (10 faders), the wing (10 faders) and then using virtual lists like executors.

Close all your windows on your screens. LIST OPEN (this will open the cuelist directory). Press the SPLIT button on the upper right screen. This splits it into 2 different windows. Move one window onto the left screen and one onto the right screen. Maximize both windows. Now, currently, they will both be showing the same set of lists. Scroll down on the right screen until the lists are separate from the left screen. Hold down RECORD and press a view button.

You now have 144 executors (72 on each screen) if I did my math right. This allows you to build "executor" lists on these two screen.

Like I mentioned before, I ran my console like this for years. In the upper left screen, I had colors (odd/even swaps, etc). In the lower left, I had beam buttons (gobos, iris, etc.). In the upper right, I had position changes. In the lower right, I had intensity effects.

Hope that makes sense....
  • As it is the expansion wing, your faderless masters can have scenes, chases, effects etc on and perform just as an executor! :) Jons suggestion is also a cool way of doing it on the screens. I usually use that way myself.

Regards,
  • Since you do have the expansion wing, here's another tip that I use.

The play button, obviously, plays the list. I then change the pause button to be the release. Quick and easy to get rid of it. I do this with my faderless buttons.
Related