Bug Report group intensity fader flash button not working

jsteeljsteel Registered User
Whole hog 3

Software Version and build number: 3.4
Number of displays: 0
Connected USB Devices:0
Networked Devices: 2

when using a group intensity fader i cant seem to get the flash button to stay at a value of 100% even when it says 100% in the options menu it just seems to default to 0%

any help would be great

cheers Jason

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Please ensure you have the Grand Master at full. Also check the channels in that list to make sure they are not parked atc. What are your netowkred devices? Do other buttons on the front panel work as expected. Has the LEDs on the front panel ever flashed on or off?

Oh and for future reference, please post a questions like this in the "Wholehog 3 general discussion forum". This section is for problems with the fixture library and requesting fixture profiles. :)

Regards,
  • jsteeljsteel Registered User
    edited June 2009
    sorry about that

nothing is parked grand MA is at full

networked devices are just dps

all other buttons work as there meant to

just when using flash on group master i set it to flash at 100% i then exit out of options flash it when fader is at zero nothing happens set fader to full it then will flash the group a 0%

i then re cheek the options to make sure i set it right and its still set to 100%

kinda weird .....

although first time i set it to 100% it works for about 5 times then does this
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2009
    When you say "Group Master" are you referring to an inhibitive master?
    edited June 2009
    yes

select fixtures, hit record, hit group button, assign to fader
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Well then that is your problem.....Inhibitive Masters behave entirely differently than a regular Master....a good way of thinking about them is as a "Grand Master" for your fixture group.....if it is pulled down then nothing will bring them up until that fader is at some level above zero.

So this isn't really a bug, but rather expected behavior for an Inhibitor.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited June 2009
    Yes I understand that but say if I had made a group master for mac 250s then in another scene have them doing a look at 100% then I can use the group master to control the over all level of the 250s group now what's happening is the fader is working sweet but the flash button isn't. In all fearness when u hit the flash button it should bring that group master to full but it doest it just keeps bringing the group to zero no matter what I do ....
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2009
    That is correct as far as most consoles. If it's an INHIBITIVE sub (aka Group Master), hitting the flash pulls them out. If it's a regular master, hitting the flash bumps to full.

That has always been the same as any other console I have worked on that I can remember.
    edited June 2009
    Yea on most consoles that's correct but on the hog you can change it and it does work for a little bit then it changes back to zero

Other wise it would be cool to have this it's handy way of doing cool stuff fast
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    jsteel wrote: »
    Yea on most consoles that's correct but on the hog you can change it and it does work for a little bit then it changes back to zero

Other wise it would be cool to have this it's handy way of doing cool stuff fast

Jason are you saying that the flash level in the "Options" screen of the inhibitive master is automatically changing back to zero for certain masters?
    Can you send me your show file at http://upload.highend.com and specify which master(s) this is happening with?

thanks,