Fixture Library

rabeilerrabeiler Registered User
Is it possible to create my own fixture library that contains just the fixtures that I need so that when I go to setup a new show it only contains the fixtures that I need? Right now some of my fixtures are in the standard library and some are in the uncommon library. What I have been doing now is starting a new show with the common library and the merging in the other fixtures from an old show. It takes a lot of time and also makes the size of my show file large.

Thanks,
Ross

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Ross,

I am not sure about your request. However what I would do is have a standard show that has all the fixtures in the un-common library that you need aswell as any custom ones you have made, so then you can just merge it into your new showfile.

Regards,
  • rabeilerrabeiler Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Joe,

That is what I do right now. It just takes extra time to merge the fixtures each time. It is just not as easy for others to understand the process and I was hoping for an easier way.

Ross
    edited May 2009
    Yes, I see. If there is one guy who can definitly answer that... it is Steve himself. Email [EMAIL="support@highend.com"]support@highend.com[/EMAIL] and adress the email to Steve. He should be able to help you then.

Regards :)
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Ross,

Unfortunately the custom library as you describe is not possible to be user created. If Steve was to build one for you, then you would still run into problems if you needed additional fixtures or fixes to the specific fixtures in your custom library. As suggested in the thread, it is probably best to create a "start" show file...
  • rabeilerrabeiler Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Brad,

Thanks. Is there a way (either Windows or inside the app) to copy/rename a show?

Basically, I would create a starter show with fixtures, palettes, etc for the stuff we have in the theatre and this is what I would give to each LD that wants to use the system to run their show.

If I think about this - would I create my "master" show. Then when we start a new show, create the new show file and then merge everything from the master show? Is this the best approach?

Thanks,
    Ross
  • prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I think you just said the best approach there. Create a show, and just merge the entire "master" show into your new showfile. It would be able to have any libraries and such. Just be sure to update your "master" from time to time to update the library files that change periodically.
    edited June 2009
    rabeiler;38423 said:

Thanks. Is there a way (either Windows or inside the app) to copy/rename a show?

You can make a backup of the showfile from the shows tab under [setup]. I think subsequently you should be able to rename the shows as appropriate from there.

Regards,