Keypad selection shortcut...

RobbieGRobbieG Registered User
could we have the shortcut (fixture number) back?

it used to (on hog II anyway) select fixtures from the unit entered to the end of the end of that type, ie studiocolor 1 would select all studiocolors.

It kind of still works, but now if the fixture numbers are non-contiguous the command line says it has selected the whole range, but the programmer only selects fixtures up to the break in the numbering......

it is a handy shortcut once you start using it.

well i liked it anyway.

Comments

• tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited May 2009
    My understanding is that the current functionality is as intended, and that the command line has a bug (there was a thread on this a while back). Having it only select up to the break in numbering is also quite useful - I intentionally put breaks in my numbering where I want the selection to end. If you want to select all of a type this way, just don't put a break in the numbering.

Either way, the functionality and the command line output should agree to avoid confusion.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2009
    If I can remember an old discussion, 1 will stay and we should have 1 to select all fixtures from the given number to the last of the same type.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Bug # 11534 is logged in reference to the command line display being incorrect when using [THRU] [ENTER].

Having it select only within gaps is intended... and a future functionality to select all of a type is planned as well.