Keypad selection shortcut...

RobbieGRobbieG Registered User
could we have the shortcut (fixture number) <Thru> <Enter> back?

it used to (on hog II anyway) select fixtures from the unit entered to the end of the end of that type, ie studiocolor 1 <Thru> <Enter> would select all studiocolors.

It kind of still works, but now if the fixture numbers are non-contiguous the command line says it has selected the whole range, but the programmer only selects fixtures up to the break in the numbering......

it is a handy shortcut once you start using it.

well i liked it anyway.

Comments

• tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited May 2009
    My understanding is that the current functionality is as intended, and that the command line has a bug (there was a thread on this a while back). Having it only select up to the break in numbering is also quite useful - I intentionally put breaks in my numbering where I want the selection to end. If you want to select all of a type this way, just don't put a break in the numbering.

Either way, the functionality and the command line output should agree to avoid confusion.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2009
    If I can remember an old discussion, 1 <Thru> will stay and we should have 1 <Thru> <Thru> to select all fixtures from the given number to the last of the same type.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Bug # 11534 is logged in reference to the command line display being incorrect when using [THRU] [ENTER].

Having it select only within gaps is intended... and a future functionality to select all of a type is planned as well.