Bug Report: V3.0.4 b2468 Saved views

HillbillyHillbilly Registered User
5/26/09
V3.0.4 b2468
1 - Hog III
1 - X Wing
1 - DP 8K
1 - DP 2K

Issue - Programmer and output window views are not saving as they should. In my programmer and output windows, there are several columns that I either hide, or re-order to put in a more user friendly layout. Some of the changes I make are not saving into views. The items that are hidden save correctly, but the re-ordered columns do not. The other preferences (show pallettes, fixture order) do save correctly. It just seems to be the ordering that does not. This has been 100% repeatable...even after restarts.

Comments

• SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I've had the same a while ago ( not sure which version it was, I think 3.0.2 ). When I clicked again ( or twice ) on the view the re-ordered things came into place. Give it a try.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2009
    Hi Hillbilly,

You have actually found bug #417. Not a typo. It's a three digit bug. Basically, editor and output window column orderings don't store in desktop views. This will be fixed in our next major software release as our development team has been working on just these sort of bugs in a major dataset rework effort.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited May 2009
    hmm, then I had an other thing happening...
  • HillbillyHillbilly Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Nice to see that Chris. Who knows, I was probably the guy that reported it in the first place! Odd that it went away for the past 6 years and just popped back up again now. Go figure...