Load a different cue to take next in active master

Mike CMike C Registered User
I'd like to be able to select a different cue within an active Master's cuelist to execute next by pushing the Go button, as opposed to using the Goto button and command line.

I realize I can select a different cue within an inactive Master's cuelist by pushing it's Choose button while simultaneously pressing the Skip Forward/Backward button without executing the cue, but this does not work for an active Master without executing the cue.

Between tieing up the command line in preparation to take the cue, and having to remember to hit Enter as opposed to Go to take the cue, I'd prefer to be able to set up the cue and not have to worry about it after that.

Thanks.

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Try using the GOTO comment macros......really useful if it is in another List....could even be "Virtual".

Hope this helps. :)
  • Mike CMike C Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I'm looking to do this on the fly during a show, as opposed to having programmed it originally. . . unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Okay.....here is one example.

You've got a Cuelist on Master 10 with 6 Cues in it.
    You want to easily get from Cue 2 to Cue 5.

Record a "blank" cue into an empty Cuelist in the Cuelist Directory.
    Enter a Comment Macro of GM10/5 for this Cue.
    Make sure "Guard" is turned off for the Cuelist directory.
    Now whenever you want to jump from any Cue to Cue 5 on Master 10, simply touch your new Virtual List.

Hope this helps. :)
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2009
    I think Mike is more referring to the MA option of the goto button. If you double tap it the command line changes to "load" and then you can specify the cue you want to go to followed by ENTER. At that point you have the cue you want to go to loaded in your cuelist. Correct me, Mike if I'm wrong. Unfortunately the hog 3 doesn't have such an option. You can use the goto button and the cue number you want to go to, followed by enter at the right moment.
  • Mike CMike C Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Yes, Marco, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'd love to see something like that added so I don't have to use GOTO and ENTER to actually take the cue.

Thanks.
  • kmontagnekmontagne Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I posted a very similar request http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=4690 late in November 2007 but the thread never received any replies. I too would like to have a feature to do this on the fly.

--
    Kevin Montagne
    kevin (at) litkam (dot) com
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2009
    bellons wrote: »
    I think Mike is more referring to the MA option of the goto button. If you double tap it the command line changes to "load" and then you can specify the cue you want to go to followed by ENTER. At that point you have the cue you want to go to loaded in your cuelist. Correct me, Mike if I'm wrong. Unfortunately the hog 3 doesn't have such an option. You can use the goto button and the cue number you want to go to, followed by enter at the right moment.

We do have plans for a "standby" feature that would do something similar to what is described above.