Encoder Wheels to Keyboard???

cooldudecooldude Registered User
I've just moved to Hog 3 software from Hog 2 and became very use to using the F10/F11/F12 to "hold down" the encoder wheels and then scroll on my trackball to shift values.

This function seems to be removed in the Hog 3 software as f10-12 are replaced with new functions.

Is there a way to restore this or a similar function.

Or does anyone know of a way to hot sync a key so it moves the mouse to a location? I heard that if the mouse is over an encoder the scroller will automatically move the encoders without a click?

Any help on this issue would be great.

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2009
    John,

Currently Hog 3PC does not have keyboard shortcuts for the encoders. We do have logged enhancements for functionality: #9219 is to add shortcuts and #8582 is to allow the scroll wheel of a mouse to function with the encoders.

These are currently planned for the future...
  • cooldudecooldude Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Is there a quick reference to this enhancment or any tips on how to work it?

I use a logitech trackball mouse cause it worked well in Hog 2 PC but If a scroller works better I will use that
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2009
    John,

The enhancements are not developed yet, which means they are not currently part of the software. When they are implemented then we will produce documentation as to how they function.
    edited May 2009
    I see, I think I can still get my mouse to simulate that method by assigning the scroll wheel differently so I'll give it a try any ways
    edited May 2009
    Yeah I emulated it just now I set my scroll push in to be a left mouse click and then I can scroll on it