Views & Virtual Masters

timmathtimmath Registered User
Hi All

I'm programming a H3PC system for am installation and have come a cross two things I need to be able to do but cant figure out how...

Firstly, is there a way to set a master or a VM to fade out when released by the clock? when released manually it works fine but not when same release macro is triggered by the clock

Secondly, I need the program to boot up in a custom view so the client can run some lists from the cuelist directory if they choose without needing to know 'how to use' the software

Cheers

Tim

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Tim,

I just saw your edit and I assume that means you have the clock release problem worked out.

Regarding the startup into a view, you can do this by going into the preferences and the misc tab. There you can type in a startup macro. Use RV# where # is the number of the view you wish to recall (Recall View). Then when the show loads this view will automatically open.
  • timmathtimmath Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Cheers Brad

Startup Macro was just what I was looking for.

With regard to the clock release, does the release time not apply, or is ignoring the time a bug? Short of making a 'dummy' release cue then releasing which forces the values to a default state then release the master via a follow on cue with the release macro is there another way to make the list fade out at midnight?

Tim
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Tim,

I have been testing having a cuelist controlled by the clock trigger another list to release using both "RM" and "RL" macros and in all cases the release happens in the cuelist release time. Please check the release time on the list that you are releasing. Also if you continue to see the problem, please send me your show file at http://upload.highend.com and indicate which list/cue I should be looking at.

thanks,
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2009
    Hey Tim,

This is an interesting situation. What's happening is that a clock trigger is a kind of goto, and when executing a goto for a cue with a release macro for the same list the console wants to release that list in 0s.

As a workaround you can remove the RL macro from the clock trigger cue, record a blank cue after the clock trigger cue with a follow wait time, and put the RL macro in that cue.
  • timmathtimmath Registered User
    edited May 2009
    That will do the trick... lets hope once this is in and running it won't need updating!

Cheers

Tim