Windows 7

prmuchaprmucha Registered User
edited August 2009 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
OK, so since I don't really know much about anything related to the windows OS releases, will Windows 7 be compatible with Hog 3PC right away since it's vista compatible and I hear it's just a rework overall of Vista? Or should I just stick to Vista or XP when I buy my new laptop?

I just don't want to buy too many copies of Windows if I can all avoid it! Also, I know how Hog 3PC and a lot of the other manufacturers are just getting Vista compatible, so I don't want to wait forever for a re-release of the offline editor software that would be compatible with 7.

Thanks!

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I would personally have dual boot. Have XP on thier for now, but also out on vista/7. Just make sure it can handle it in terms of power. Then on startup, select which system to run.

Regards,
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2009
    We are currently evaluating Hog3PC on the Windows 7 platform.
  • prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks Chris. From what I've found thus far, it also has an XP mode that it can run programs in assuming it has processing for the virtual type. All intel mac's do it now as they can run parallels (that's what I read at least), so sounds like it would be cool no matter.

Thanks again Chris.
  • but0017but0017 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    i think windows 7 64 bit is what all manufacturers are going to be releasing their new notebooks, tablets and desktops as so i believe we should be working more towards 64 bit compatibility than anything else
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2009
    I did install Windows 7 RC last week on my MacBook Pro 17 under bootcamp. After finishing installation I tried to install Hog3pc. As soon as installation started a window popped up saying that Hog3pc could be run only on windows XP and windows Vista. Nor just hog3pc didn't work but other editors as well. I had to roll back to windows XP. Ciao
  • GekbeestjeGekbeestje Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Windows 7 has a compatibility mode (rightclick on the install file @ properties).
    It works like a charm here (32bit only, 64bit isn't supported)... :)
  • Mika_AusMika_Aus Registered User
    edited June 2009
    I have also installed 7 rc and it seems to be working great. I have a major issue with the connecting the hog pc to msd. I installed the current vis app and it doesnt work at all. I dont know if it is a hog pc issue or if it is a msd issue. Please let me know what to check. Could it be a capility issue? If it is where is the exe that runs I would like to make sure that it is running in xp mode. Other then that win 7 has been working great guns and is faster the vista. If you have a touch screen it now suppports multi touch.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2009
    Cool a new try might be worth then!
    edited June 2009
    Is no one going to alk about windows 7?
    edited June 2009
    Hi all been playing with windows 7 and i fianllay have hog pc and msd working. I am running window 7 rc 32 bit. I was sick of having issues with vista and my touchsmart and not having the correct drivers. Windows 7 found it all the first time and has worked ever since. I have since been having issues with hog pc connecting with martin show designer. I made all the msd apps compatable with window xp service pack 3 and copied the hog pc dlls form my msd install on my other vista pc and it is now working. The programming wing also works. Windows 7 is going to be the future.
    edited June 2009
    i agree that windows 7 will be the future operating system and most people will scrap vista all together and not bother with it and most will also go from xp to windows 7 due to it being less intensive on the resources, would be great to see HES begin work on windows 7 enhancements etc
    edited June 2009
    If I am honest. When I get my new laptop I will pay to have XP on it aswell as the standard Vista. Yea I pay a bit more, not alot, but I will use XP. I wont touch Windows 7 atleast until service pack 1 unless I am sure it is completely stable and not like Vista. 7 is very similar to vista, so I doubt that H3PC would need alot of development on it to get it to work. But thats down to HES. I am not thier software developer!

Regards,
    edited June 2009
    windows 7 is going to be alot better than vista as it is not as resource heavy as vista is therefore people with older pcs will opt for it over vista and windows 7's touch screen abilities are far more advanced than vistas also making it a better choice over vista. HES still havnt developed 64 bit for vista either though so thats where the development is needed
    edited June 2009
    but0017 wrote: »
    HES still havnt developed 64 bit for vista either though so thats where the development is needed

If I was HES, I would scrap developing 64bit vista and go straight for 32+64 on Windows 7...

Regards,
  • GuyPaveloGuyPavelo Registered User
    edited August 2009
    I somehow got hog3 to install on win7 today!! Not told it previous windows version, and whala! works awesome so far too!!!