Please Add "Follow Selection"

barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
Just like "Follow Cue" keeps the current cue in view on the cuelist, can you make a Follow Selection button for the Programmer? Then when I have a range of fixtures in the programmer and I select the first one, as I hit next, it will keep the selected fixture in the programmer view so I don't have to keep scrolling down to see what number I'm on.

Comments

• mjmaltbiemjmaltbie Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I second this idea. Although it could get tricky when selecting multiple fixtures.

:hogsign:
  • mac.caldermac.calder Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Maybe, instead of jumping to the fixture groups, you could have an option "Selected to Top" or something, which puts a category "SELECTED" at the top of the list, with all of the selected fixtures in it (with them also staying in their fixture groups). I would like the same option for the output window too.... That and an "Exclude unused parameters" option - because my programer window is about 5 times the width of my window, and half the time the things I want to see are miles off of the page - especially with media servers and the larger moving head fixtures.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2009
    mac.calder wrote: »
    That and an "Exclude unused parameters" option - because my programer window is about 5 times the width of my window, and half the time the things I want to see are miles off of the page - especially with media servers and the larger moving head fixtures.

Try using "Compact" in this case.

Hope this helps. :)
  • mac.caldermac.calder Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Except compact has every parameter for that fixture - Axons for example don't fit on the one screen - even a mac550 doesn't fit at a reasonable resolution on a 17" monitor, and 9 times out of 10, I am not using 50% of the available parameters- so only displaying channels which are 'touched' would be a great help there - ie unless I am touching keystoning or the fixture is currently keystoned, I don't want to see them when I am in "Super Compact" mode - and it also would be a great help when I am looking through a cue to see what the cue does - because only the active ones would be displayed, and I could see everything in a glance.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2009
    This suggestion has been previously logged as #5180. I have added the comments from this thread into the log. It is a great idea that could be very useful.