iPC BSOD Help

tedcooktedcook Registered User
iPC console running v3.0.1 (I think)
external usb keyboard and mouse connected

There has been frequent loss of input capability from the programming and playback surfaces that required a reboot to fix, and now this BSOD. Am I correct in assessing the this BSOD as a problem with the USB connections somewhere (see attachment). We're planning to open up the console and reseat all the cables. Also, we'll reload the software from .iso.

Anything else I should be looking for or try if the above does not work?

Thanks.

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Ted,

The first suggestion is to use the console without the keyboard/mouse and see if this makes any difference. I have seen certain bad USB devices cause problems on desks before. As you said, reloading the desk from an iso is a good idea too.
  • tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited April 2009
    We've used the same keyboard and mouse with this desk for over two years without issue, so I was assuming that wasn't the problem. In your experience, can these go bad over time and cause problems?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited May 2009
    Hi Ted,
    as suggested by Brad,

1.Boot the console with no external devices attached.
    2.Try a partial system restore keeping your showfiles.
    3.Try a full system restore(this will delete all show files)

if you have added anything new to your system like DP's/switch's etc might be worth removing them from your console.

Upgrade to a new software version,i'm using 3.01 on an IPC and i guess the newer versions of software are more stable.

Regards
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited May 2009
    An educated guess of mine would say that this is to do with bad USB devices. STOP errors in XP are generally caused from driver issues; I have seen them a few times and each time the drivers were at fault. So, I think thats going to be it. Try swapping out the Keyboard and mouse aswell as the suggested options above.

Regards,