HTP Fader Update

If you can't tell, I'm sitting in rehearsals and have time on my hands to nitpick.

If I create an Cue/HTP Fader for "Desk Channel" Intensities, and then later try to change those intensities, the change does not take effect in the cue. For it to take effect, I have to go into options, turn off HTP and let the cue release, then turn back on HTP. Even if I record the intensities into a palette and update the palette, they do not take effect on an HTP Cuelist until I go through that process. Any Help?

Also, on regular cuelists is there a reason that you have to use Record/Merge in order to update Effects in a Cue? If update is used, Effects are not changed. Not a big deal really, just wondering.

Thanks.
  • Christopher,

In regards to HTP, you have found bug #9645. As you discovered you can turn off and back on the HTP to get the list to update. You can also change pages away and back. This bug is part of a bigger HTP rework that we plan to do sometime soon.

In regards to effects, I think that what you are seeing is that if you only change an effect setting (rate, size, offset) and try to update that it does not do anything. This is because a parameter value did not change. However I am not positive what you are seeing. Can you provide me with the exact repro so I can understand the problem?

thanks,
  • Again, it's not really a problem. As an example, If I have moving lights running a pan/tilt effect in a cue, and then select a position pallete in the programmer, the effect stops running live. If I then use update to rerecord the cue as opposed to record/merge, the cue updates the base position, but the effect continues to run in the cue. With record/merge, the base and the effect are both changed. I realize that technically I only changed the pan/tilt base in the programmer and not the effect parameters before updating, but when I hit update, I usually expect to see the cue change to the way I've made it look in the programmer. Hope this makes sense.
  • As Brad said, the HTP issue is logged as bug #9645 but in my testing this only seems to be a problem when you knockout fixtures from an HTP fader. In my recent testing all updates, merges, and auto-updates of new/changed values in HTP faders were not a problem and were updating onstage immediately.
  • Wow,
    This might take a minute to explain. I just checked and you are correct. If I record intensity values to a cue in an HTP cuelist and rerecord, it does now update immediately. Because that hasn't worked in past software versions, on this particular show, I tried instead to record those values to a palette and put the palette in the HTP cuelist figuring it might be a work around. In that situation, the updated palette does not take effect in the HTP fader. So, in trying to work around a problem you've already fixed, I think I found another problem. Am I right?
  • Regarding the update vs. merge question:

If the base value change is coming from a position palette that does not have an "E" masked into it then auto-update will add the new base value to the cue and leave the effect running in the cue. Unfortunately right now it is impossible to mask in an "off" effect value for in a position palette so we are kind of stuck with this behavior until that functionality is added.

If the base value change is coming from a direct value then auto-update will stop the effect running (such as with record/merge). One bug we still have is that even if you unmask "E" in the toolbar during a merge of a base value, the effect still gets turned off. That is currently logged as bug #9395.
  • Yes, looks like you did find a bug. Updating an intensity palette that is being referenced by an HTP fader does not appear to be updating output onstage immediately. But this is only in the case of a released HTP fader. If you simply play the HTP fader after updating the palette that the cue is referencing, then you should see the intensity change onstage. I agree this is still a problem though as it works fine with direct value changes on released HTP faders.
Related