Using macros

rabeilerrabeiler Registered User
I have a que list that fires off another cuelist using a macro. I was under the impression that the 2nd cue list, which is a chase, does not need to be assigned to a master. Every time I try this, it does not work. I have to move the cuelist to a master in order for the 2nd cuelist to be visible. The cuelist only contains desk channels, but I am still pretty sure nothing is running.

What am I doing wrong?

Ross

Comments

• calgenjoncalgenjon Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Ross,

What MACRO command are you using to trigger the other list? Sounds like you're using "GM" (GO MASTER) instead of "GL" (GO LIST). Hope this helps!
  • rabeilerrabeiler Registered User
    edited April 2009
    No, I am using GL3/1 - which should trigger cue list 3, cue 1. Cue list 3 is configured as a chase that continues until the cue list is released (next cue on master 1.

I have cue list 1 on master 1. This list is set to automatically execute when the software is started.

About 5 cues into cue list 1 is where the macro is triggered and the 6th cue is a release of cue list 3.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2009
    Interesting. This should be working for you. I have re-tested here in the lab and I am not having any problems firing virtual cuelists (virtual chases for that matter) from a comment macro. Perhaps it would be easiest to upload your show file to me and I will test and see what I can figure out on this one. (http://ftp.highend.com/upload/)
    edited April 2009
    Chris,

Thanks - I will pull a copy of the show tonight at the venue that has the issue.

ross
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2009
    *** From my reply on the LN ***
    "Ross,

Yes, you can have a chase cuelist not assigned to a master (be a virtual master).

When you remove the chase cuelist from the fader make sure you have the fader at 100%. If not, then at playback its intensity is at 0%.

Then just use GL:3, if in fact it is in the List 3 position in the List directory."

Also, open the List directory (Open + List) and watch the cuelist when you trigger it from cuelist 1.
    You should see it start running.
    edited April 2009
    Aha!

I bet that was the problem. I probably had the fader at 0 when I removed the 2nd cue list from one of the masters.

I will try it again tonight and see what happens - thank you so much for your help.

I am going to have to get a wireless access card for my PC (venue has wireless, but no hardwires). This way when I run into an issue I can post and maybe get a response while I am at the venue.

Ross
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2009
    As for Striking/Dousing, you should be able to do this in a cuelist.
    Long time since I needed it.

Make sure you record all the steps, and block every cue.
    I believe it's something like this.

ML at home and NOT in strike mode.
    ML in strike mode
    ML at home and NOT in strike mode.

I'm sure some other users who are much smarter than me (Marty, Brad, Steve...) will chime in here soon. I hope.