How to create startup and shutdown queue

rabeilerrabeiler Registered User
I have some fixtures that need to be striked before the show (lamp on) and then doused at the end of the show (lamp off).

Is there a way that I can do this with a cuelist?

I would like to do this because I am creating a show/cuelist to automatically startup when the system is started. I need to make things as simple as possible for the operator for a musical - just keep pressing the go button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Yes you can write a cuelist that strikes up all your fixtures easily. Keep it as a Virtual List and then use the Startup Macro (Under Preferences>>>Misc.) to fire the list once the show launches using the standard Comment Macro syntax.

Hope this helps. :)
  • MickMurrayMickMurray Registered User
    edited April 2009
    It might be an idea to do a delay timing on the fixtures so that they strike in sequence rather than all at once, this prevents undue stress on the system and generally gives better success when striking lamps due to less voltage drop
    Mick
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Mick,

Most manufacturers actually incorporate a delay on lamp strikes based on fixtures' unique id. All HES fixtures strike at slightly different times based on the serial number of the logic board in the fixture. This is a preventative measure to protect systems and not draw large amounts of current at the same moment. Of course not all manufacturer's do this same thing so it does not hurt to apply a delay as you suggest.

Having said that, I have struck hundreds of lamps on large rigs many times with a single command with no adverse affect.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited April 2009
    From what I understand, the act of striking a lamp is not where you see a large spike in current, it usually ramps up once the arc is established.