Cyber Thermal sensors?

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
edited April 2009 in HES Automated Lighting
Do original CL's or Turbos have thermal sensors? I had 2 units in the past week have 2 or more fans finally die, and both operated all night no problem. I didn't notice anythign wrong until i walked past them and noticed that the fans weren't spinning (and they were still lamped on)

I guess since I've never had to swap it (if it does indeed exist) I never thought to look for it. I can't imagine it would be good to watch the PSB or logic melt to the fixture. Might provide some nice piro though. :poke:

Comments

• PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited April 2009
    All Cybers have them from day one.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Check the LEDs on your PSBs....it is more than likely that you have lost the voltage to the fans from the transformer....I had several totally melt down like that there. It seems that when the transformer fails the first thing to go is the fans....and everything else might keep on running and then the whole back end just burns up.

The Series-1 Cybers do not have thermal sensors in them.

Hope this helps. :)
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    OK, so im not crazy; I'm looking through this going ... there is no bleeping sensor here. I knew you would know. Funny, none of my cybers have lamp interlocks either ... any idea why they are like that? LOL.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Yea, I recall when I took my first training class they called the switch a "Chernobyl" switch.
    Because if it tripped, the fixture was probably already toast.
    Although I haven't ever seen a Cyber without a lamp interlock.
    That may have been an aftermarket change by a user at some point?
    Does it have the optical door interlock?
    If I remember correctly those 2 interlocks are in series.....
    J.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Yes those little thermal switches in the back were not installed in the very early models of Cyberlight (Series-1 with the metal gobo wheel)....I don't think they came along until the Litho model.

As for why those units specifically don't have interlock switches....that would be a conversation to have off of the public forums....;)