(3.0.3 b2452) Bug Report: IPC does not output via programmer

AndrisAndris Registered User
Name: Andris Kasparovics
Date: April 16, 2009
Software Version and build number: IPC 3.0.3 b2452 Xpe 8.4.0
Number of displays: 3
Connected USB Devices: 0
Networked Devices: none

Upon boot up at start of day the console will not output anything entered in programmer. Cues play back fine, but Output Window shows zero data for anything manually entered in programmer.
Logging off and on again fixes the issue.
This has happened three days in a row already. The console is always powered down and electrically disconnected at end of day.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2009
    Hi Andris,

I am sorry to hear of your trouble with the programmer on start up. I have a few questions to help us resolve this issue:

1) Will the programmer start working again if you simply record a cue?

2) What is your iPC's network settings in the control panel? IP address? Run DHCP server? Boot server?
    (I realize you are not connected to a network but it's possible this is a timing issue that could be dependent on these settings?)

3) Please send me your show file so I can try this here on our test lab iPC units. (http://ftp.highend.com/upload/)
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Chris,
    1- I have not tested recording a cue yet in that state, I will attempt to shut down the console and restart it at lunch today to see if I can repro, otherwise I'll try it again tomorrow.

2-
    IP: 169.254.21.133
    Obtain IP using DHCP server is checked.
    Everything in boot server is grayed out.

3- I have uploaded the show to you.
    edited April 2009
    Also, I have the show autoload in 5 seconds on bootup, FYI.
    edited April 2009
    Chris,
    The same thing happened again this morning at boot up, but as soon as I recorded a cue with channels in the programmer, the output came to life.
    edited April 2009
    This problem is proving tough to track down. I have been able to reproduce issues with the initialization of playback (not programmer) here on my laptop but it seems to only happen every other time that I start Hog3PC. And while my repro deals with playback and not programmer, I have a feeling the two issues are the same or at least related.

It's more than likey a timing thing. On thought/question comes to mind:
    Do you have Hog3PC on your iPC set to auto-launch the show on bootup?
    edited April 2009
    Yes, I have auto-launch set for 5 seconds at bootup.
    edited April 2009
    I am starting to make some progress. I was able to finally get an iPC to exhibit this behavior this morning. It seems to be a startup timing issue because in my test cases I was not changing any user controllable variables. I will keep you posted on the progress of this issue.
    edited April 2009
    Chris, I think the timing is certainly the key here. I remember last week before I set the show to auto-launch I had manually launched the show some time (30sec-2min) after the system booted up and I did not experience the output issue.
    Hope this helps.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2009
    FYI we have fixed this problem and the fix is part of a release that we plan to get out early this week. Look for version 3.0.4 coming soon!
    edited May 2009
    Thanks guys!