+10/-10 on toolbar

AndrisAndris Registered User
I'd love to see this again as it was on hog 2. For theater and TV it is great to be able to change levels in 10% increments without having to reference the output window.
And while I'm at it, it would also be useful to have the ability to customize the lower toolbar. I almost never use Rem Dim, Flip or Programmer and would rather have Allow Refs and Park on the first 'page'.

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Which console are you using Andris..? You can use the buttons above and below the I-wheel on the WHIII and customize them to +10/-10 you know..
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I'm referring to IPC and RH.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Ahh OK. You didnt specify...
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I think that a while ago a request got opened to map these to the trackball buttons.

Eric
    edited April 2009
    The toolbar would be better, I have all my trackball buttons already mapped with other functions.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Actually you can adjust the intensity a relative amount via the keypad on any of the current consoles. In the command line you enter the fixture number @ then + or - and a percent. For example:
    101@+10Enter will raise the intensity by 10% for fixture 101

This gives you more flexibility than the simple +10 -10 on the toolbar as you can enter any amount you desire.

There is more you can do from the command line with the @ too... see section 15.3.1 for more examples.
    edited April 2009
    One button press is a hell of a lot faster than the command line, and 10% is pretty much standard for adjusting levels for TV and theater, so why not put a useful feature back in the console?
    edited April 2009
    I understand Andris, and we do have a request logged for customizable toolbars that would allow what you desire. Surprisingly not many people ask for the +10/-10 back on the toolbar. However I do agree that it can be useful very often.

I have added your comments to the customizable toolbar request.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    Again...things would be much easier if we had keystroke/command line macros...
    and a possibility to use that macro as a toolbar button or we could have a macro toolbar (which could open when keeping macro button pressed).
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Or With Logitech G11 keyboard :cool:
    edited April 2009
    or G15 :147:
    edited April 2009
    Is There the 3x18 macro keys on the left on the G15?
    edited April 2009
    Macros are still planned and will hopefully be implemented in the near future...

As for specific OEM hardware support, that will depend upon drivers and such. Some of them store keyboard shortcuts directly within the logic on the keyboard and may be compatible at this time and others may require specific software to be installed. I have not studied the keyboards mentioned in this thread, so I am unsure of their capabilities.
    edited April 2009
    Steph,

Yes, the older version (which I have) has 3X18.
    http://tech2.in.com/media/images/img_2582_logitech_g15.jpg
    Btw, there's also a new model G19
    If I have understood right G13 can store key setups inside, but I think all those need drivers to run.
    edited April 2009
    Ok, I just known the new one.
    Yes it needs driver and a little soft to record macro, but as I read on web G11 and G15 can be used with Linux and windows so it could probably be used with all Hog 3.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm...that could work on a Hog3PC networked into the show. That way, you're not tied to the console (hence no drivers needed), but get the benefits of the G-buttons....