Hog II battery?

SWCLightingSWCLighting Registered User
We've got a Hog II board that's been dumping the show out of its memory whenever it starts up. We also have to re-adjust contrast and re-calibrate touchscreens each time as well. It seems like the CMOS battery is finally going as leaving it on to charge said battery no longer alleviates the issue. Internet info on the Varta Mempac battery is spotty at best...anyone ever have to replace this?

--nick--

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Yes, you have to de-solder the old one and then re-solder in a new one to the main processor board....but be careful....if you fry the board you will not be able to get a replacement anymore.
  • SWCLightingSWCLighting Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I was wondering if anyone had a source for these particular batteries. I looked on the Net using the numbers off of the battery itself but have been chubbed so far. Am I missing something?

Varta Mempac, 3.6v 150mAh, NiMH

Varta v150H 6660 25291

That's all the battery says, but the Varta website is confusing to no end, and the online battery stores jumbled their info all onto one page so none of it makes sense.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Call High End support or contact lightparts.com both of them should have one for you.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I agree, lightparts or your local high end dealer should be able to help you out.
    If you are not confident in your soldering skills, you can also send the desk in to have it replaced.
    J.
  • SWCLightingSWCLighting Registered User
    edited April 2009
    thanks a heap. I'll call lightparts tomorrow.