No pan/tilt

grega_rmsgrega_rms Registered User
Dear HES,

I have uploaded new 3.0.3. on my Full Boar. I opened my show (built on 3.0.2.) and tried to strike lamps - no effect, tried to move heads - no effect. I run one cue - heads turn correctly !!!

I downgrade to 3.0.2. and now I hope that I won't lose DMX in the middle of the show.

I have this console for one year and always problems with it. I use approx 25 heads and some clasics and running simple shows. At this point I really don't know what to do with this console or I am stupid.

Br
Gregor

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    OK. Are you sure you have the fixtures patched correctly for starters? Ceck your data runs aswell. Are they all terminated?
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like nothing from the programmer side, but the playback side was outputting.

Is it possible the programmer was in BLIND mode?
  • grega_rmsgrega_rms Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Fixtures are patched correctly, blind button is inactive. I have downgraded to 3.0.2. and everything is ok for now. But as I mentioned I am affraid when I will lose DMX again. I have just uploaded the show wich i am running right now.

br
    grega
    edited April 2009
    Anything new what is going on or it is something wrong with my consle ?

br
    grega
  • schnerchischnerchi Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Hi,

I had a similar problem yesterday. I created a new show, patched some fixtures. Did nothing else but making a backup of the show. Loged off and loaded the backup. I was not able to do anything with the fixtures in the programmer. the fixtures homed correctly after the show was loaded, but they did not respond to anything I did in the programmer. I did not check if I was able to store a cue and make the responding to the stored cue. Logging of and reloading the show fixed the problem..... Strange.

Roadhog Fullboar, XPE 1.3.0, Software 3.0.3, nothing else attached (no wings, no usb keyboard....)

Best,

Chris
  • Zach PeletzZach Peletz Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    A couple things you could do are check your DMX window to see if it is actually reporting that you are outputting DMX from the programmer. I would recommend releasing playback (PIG + Release) and then press Setup -> DMX to see if what you have in the programmer is being reported in that window.

You can also check the Output Window and choose Sources to see if it states that your output values are actually coming from the Programmer.

Also check the Processes window to make sure that all are running. To access this press Pig + Open + Backspace at the same time.
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited April 2009
    If cues play fine but you do not get any response from the Programmer although the Programmer shows the values being manipulated, open the Processes window and you will see the DP8K process. Try right clicking on the DP8K and select Kill, then right click on it again and select Restart. Let us know if this works.
    edited April 2009
    I give up, tommorow i'll drive my console to my local dealer.

br
    grega
  • schnerchischnerchi Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Hi Mitch,

I will try that the next time I sit in front of the console, but this may take a couple of days.....

I checked the dmx output in the dmx windows and it did not reflect the changes I made in the programmer.... Same with the "normal" output window. I did not check the source for the output window....

Anyway, right now it seems that it is unsafe to do any changes in the patch if you do not have the time to reload the show, or maybe kill the DP8000 process (wich we have not checked if this works..)

Is there a bug logged for this?

Best,

Chris