Option to Start Show in Map Mode

kmontagnekmontagne Registered User
Is there a logged request to have an option that when a show is started the map mode (keyboard shortcuts enabled) is turned on? I almost always program and run a show in map mode, particulary when using Hog3PC. When I train people on installs they want to use the keyboard shortcuts but typically forget to press Pause/Break until they realize the shortcuts are not working.

Additionally, I often use VNC to remote into a Hog3PC setup whether it is the show sever or not. I use RealVNC as a viewer but I have yet to find a viewer that passes the Pause/Break key on to the server PC. Many of the programs use the Pause/Break key to toggle full screen mode in the viewer. This means if I start a new show via VNC I have get somebody to go to the real keyboard to press the Pause/Break key for me.

Thanks,
Kevin Montagne
kevin (at) litkam (dot) com
www.litkam.com

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    We have talked about having it remember the last mode you set it to...
    Yes we do think that it should be an option or a memory so that the users can determine what mode a show starts in.
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2009
    I second this!
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2009
    I agree as well. I have a few installatins running Hog3PC where this would be most helpful.
  • steeve_vajksteeve_vajk Registered User
    edited August 2012
    How about using/adding a key combo that's not so archaic?? Even ThinkPads (notorious for keeping legacy hardware such as serial ports and floppy drives) no longer have a Pause/Break key on their latest models!

I've seen suggestions that various laptops have Fn-Key combos that work, but for such a *fundamentally necessary* key, it seems silly not to use a key or key-combo that is on pretty much every possible hardware platform.

Might I suggest CTRL-Home?