Releasing cue problem

a_sezaka_sezak Registered User
I have a cue that is %100 Intensity, No Color, No Beam, Random Strobe. I have it set on a fader with the flash button to solo and to activate on press and release on releasing the button. What is happening is it is activating and releasing the first time, sometimes the second time, and never the third time.

For example: I have the fixtures (MAC 250 Entours) on stage in blue with a gobo. I hit the flash on the above cue and all works as it should. When I release it it goes back to the blue w/ gobo look, as it should. The second time it activates and sometimes goes back to blue etc. sometimes just goes to open/no color. The third time it always go to open/no color. It seems to just release the original cue whenever it sees fit.

Any ideas?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2009
    What if you don't use solo on the flash key? Same results?
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Which console are you using? Hog 3PC, Road Hog, Road Hog Full Boar or a Wholehog 3? Do you have any other devices conneected?
  • a_sezaka_sezak Registered User
    edited April 2009
    This is a Road Hog with the playback wing/touchscreen attached.

On another topic: I had a "semi" crash last night during my show where none of the GO or CHOOSE buttons worked. Trying to reset the the console through PIG+OPEN+BACKSPACE did not work. Is the only fix to reboot the console? Not really possible without a blacked out stage.

Thanks.
    edited April 2009
    Where any panels on the front panel flashing?
    edited April 2009
    Chris, I have read a post recently with a similar problem on windows consoles.. Am I right? I think this may be along the same lines... I will have a search for this and let you know.
    edited April 2009
    No. No panels were flashing.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Have you set "Persist on Override" for the other list? Sounds like it might not be releasing all the way on the first two 'hits'.
  • loebusloebus Registered User
    edited April 2009
    a_sezak;36582 said:

On another topic: I had a "semi" crash last night during my show where none of the GO or CHOOSE buttons worked. Trying to reset the the console through PIG+OPEN+BACKSPACE did not work. Is the only fix to reboot the console? Not really possible without a blacked out stage.

That doesn't sound like a "semi" crash to me if you lost the ability to change cues. Do you remember what you were doing when this happened?
    I hope this was at the end of the show...
    edited April 2009
    I had about 20 minutes left in the show. Definatly a drag. Not a show ruiner, but difficult to work around.
    edited April 2009
    It still releases all beam and color after three flashes whether it is "solo" or not. I have not set persist on override on any lists. The fact that it works properly some of the time and not other strikes me as a bug of some sort.
  • MarkScottMarkScott Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Just a thought on your flash list... Are your Assert/release times set at zero? could be that you are just triggering them too fast...

the choose and go freeze up has happened to me and it turned out it was just the command line got so 'mangled' (lots of red text) that stuff just stopped working. Hit backspace and clear a few times and I was good to go (only realized this many minutes too late, of course).

Mark.
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for your ideas Mark. I'll check my Assert/Release times next week when I am back at work.

I'm pretty sure I was not in the programmer when the freeze occured, but it is possible I loaded up too many GOTO's. I'll keep it in mind in the future.