April Fool Joke too Subtle

bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
Well yesterday was April Fools and we decided to play a slight joke on our dear Wholehog users. However I think that it was too subtle and went unnoticed. Either that or none of you actually read the v3.0.3 release notes yesterday. :dunno:

I guess next year we will have to do something a bit more obvious. In the interest of fun, I will not quite yet divulge the joke. However I will warn you that "non-joke" release notes are now posted. So if anyone has the downloaded notes from yesterday, feel free to see if you can find the joke....:18:

:hogsign:
Enjoy!

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    See...I stay off the computer yesterday and missed the joke. I can only imagine what you guys put in there....
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Dam, I didnt download them.. Can I have an email copy, pretty please! Yahoo had some good april fools like a "computer virus spreading rapidly and digesting computer users around the world".

Your a funny guy Brad,
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I actually read the release notes yesterday to see if I really needed to bother with the download, but I found nothing out of the ordinary or 'funny'
    So what's the joke?
    edited April 2009
    If Brad said he wont divulge, I dont think he will. The jokes may not be obvious but I am 99% sure they were there. It may just me simple irony or added features such as keystroke macros... would something so big be in a patch release? Just an example, but I am guessing that those sort of jokes are going to in there.

Have one on me HES! :friday:
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I think I missed the joke version too, as I didn't download the new build untill this morning.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Alright Alright.. :D

I will give... By the way, Eric Johnson here at HES was the only person to read the release notes and question me about the one bogus bug fix... We managed to keep the secret even from most here in the office...

In the list of bug fixes there was: "12704 Remove ability to save or archive show files"

I realized later that I should have written about it being a new feature instead of just hiding in among the bug fixes... Oh well next time.

FYI.. I had quite a list of other bogus bug fixes that I considered:
    • Add support for Legacy Wholehog 1 console
    • Import Wholehog 2 midimap.txt file
    • Implement toggle for inflatable flying pig release
    • Add support for remote focus via Apple Newton
    • Show file compatibility with Handshake
    • Add Insta-Look feature from Wholehog 2 to main toolbar
    • Disable Clear key functionality
    • Implement iTunes audio and video player when connected to internet
    • Replace all Flying Pig logos with Barco logo
    :147:
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited April 2009
    Marty Postma;36517 said:
    I think I missed the joke version too, as I didn't download the new build untill this morning.
    Marty, you're getting slow. I fully expected you'd have the new release on a show already last night, or is that only for beta builds?
  • samuraidsamuraid Registered User
    edited April 2009
    "12704 Remove ability to save or archive show files"
    I saw that yesterday on the release notes, and thought it was just a typo. Guess one should figure the calendar day into these things, huh? :p
    edited April 2009
    Brad, I cant wait to see you guys in October. Your a real barrel of laughs! The iTunes one is good. :D
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Wow. I actually DID read the notes, noticed the line, and figured that you guys just needed some remedial grammar classes.

I've apparently lost all subtlety after only a year in New York.

Well done people.

PG
    edited April 2009
    Phil..

thanks for making ME laugh! At least you come back to Austin from time to time to catch up on creamy jalapeno as well as subtlety.

I hope all is well...
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Num. Num. Num. Chuy's.

By the way, I fly in on Sunday for three weeks with the WHS kids. You definitely need to find time to come by. The theater was just renovated and is truly gorgeous.

I know David and the kids would love to see you.

Let's talk early next week.

PG

PS - We should also try to find a time to meet...not...at the school.
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited April 2009
    I frequently threaten to get an IV of Chuys Creamy Jalapeno for my wife. If they sold it by the 55 gallon drum, we'd probably be able to get through it before it went bad.
  • todd.drgatodd.drga Registered User
    edited April 2009
    new console feature - dip and chip bowl holders...
    new fixture support - DMX controlled margarita blender...

Now we're getting somewhere-
    -Todd
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    Wow...and I thought I was going to be bad...
    Here's the one I thought about posting....

"Now that Hog3PC is Vista compatible, I tried loading it into a T2, but can't get it to recognize the pen. What am I doing wrong?"
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    I think it takes a lot to beat the announced Grand Master Wing. I remember it causing a lot of debate however as not everyone could see the funny side.
    edited April 2009
    Ross...

Yes I thought about that one... I wanted to be careful to do something that would never be a viable true request!
  • tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited April 2009
    You should have numbered the bug something like 40109 as an extra hint (or 10409 for the europeans).
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    ericthegeek;36522 said:
    Marty, you're getting slow. I fully expected you'd have the new release on a show already last night, or is that only for beta builds?

What can I say Eric....getting old sucks ;)

Actually I was en-route to rehearsals for another leg.....
  • theDutchGuytheDutchGuy Registered User
    edited April 2009
    jxgriffi;36542 said:
    Wow...and I thought I was going to be bad...
    Here's the one I thought about posting....

"Now that Hog3PC is Vista compatible, I tried loading it into a T2, but can't get it to recognize the pen. What am I doing wrong?"

Well, obviously, you've forgotten to take out the screens and re-install them upside down...