A few things I would like to check...

I am not infront of a console now so I wanted some insight from you guys.

Firsty, IPCB.
I can think of a few instances where I want an IPCB fader for position parameters only. I will have this on the pages I need it. Now if I have my 2 positions on either end of the fader, but the same fixtures in an active cue.. when I move the fader will they automatically be altered by the fader? The when I am done with the fader and I press "go" again, the parameters will be taken control of by the main list..? I assume this is basic LTP stuff, but I want to check.

Tap sync.
I know tap sync is requested for syncing items from the directory, and I am sure it is a high priority. My current idea of a way around this is to temporarily move the chase to a free master, tap sync it and then move it back. My question is, can this be done? Will the chase remember the beat even if it is deleted or moved from a master?

Delay on a comment Macro.
I wish to put a delay time on a macro. I want the cue to fire, then 5 seconds later have the macro fire. I know I could put a time on the scene or cuelist I want to fire to do the delay, but I just wondered whether it was possible or even requested..?

Times in a chase.
Again, I am not infront of a console, so cant check this myself. Is it only the "wait" column that is ignored, can I have delays, fade in/outs in a chase. Also will delays etc be affected by the beat? If I have a ridicularly fast beat and have a delay.. will the cue end up not firing because the delay is too long and the next step has gone?

I hope I make sense here...
  • [QUOTE=Joe Bleasdale;36412]
    Firsty, IPCB.
    I can think of a few instances where I want an IPCB fader for position parameters only. I will have this on the pages I need it. Now if I have my 2 positions on either end of the fader, but the same fixtures in an active cue.. when I move the fader will they automatically be altered by the fader? The when I am done with the fader and I press "go" again, the parameters will be taken control of by the main list..? I assume this is basic LTP stuff, but I want to check.

Make a Scene with just the position info. Make it IPCB and you'll be good to go. I have some Scenes for "blinders" where all of my movers move to either the "HOUSE" or "ROOF" position. I grab the handle and move it up and they go....when I bring the fader back down, they move back to where they were.

[QUOTE=Joe Bleasdale;36412]
    Tap sync.
    I know tap sync is requested for syncing items from the directory, and I am sure it is a high priority. My current idea of a way around this is to temporarily move the chase to a free master, tap sync it and then move it back. My question is, can this be done? Will the chase remember the beat even if it is deleted or moved from a master?

Yes, it remembers it's "last" BPM.

Delay on a comment Macro.
    I wish to put a delay time on a macro. I want the cue to fire, then 5 seconds later have the macro fire. I know I could put a time on the scene or cuelist I want to fire to do the delay, but I just wondered whether it was possible or even requested..?

Make a blank cue in your cue stack and make THAT cue your comment macro. I do this regularly where I want to do the move, change the master and then release all other lists.

Cue 1 - Cue info... CM2
    Cue 1.1 - Wait of 5 ....blank info... RO

I hope I make sense here...

No...doesn't make sense at all....:poke::poke::poke:
    All perfectly excellent questions....
  • Thanks Jon. I want the IPCB list to be like... fader - 50% = Lights mid stage position. 100% - stage left. 0% - stage right.

Get it?
  • as far as I know:
    ipcb won't work like that, will just go from 0% (or takeover a existing value) to the value you gave it, in a linear line. Your 50%midstage will not be in the right spot (to high), because your tilt-value won't change
    So if you want it to go from a startposition via another to another you'll have to have 3 faders, or a quelist
  • When I use a light to rear followspot someone I use my main cuelist to set the minimum required X and Y values, then program an IFCB fader as Jon suggests above for maximum required pan and another for maximum tilt. When these faders are @50% the lights would be in the mid-stage position. Altering the faders in either direction would move the light up/down stage and left and right respectively.

Will this achieve what you want to do?

Ross
  • Exactly Ross. Thanks! In fact, to be more specific, a similar thing was used by Roger on the Joseph show. I am 99% sure he will have done it the same on the vector, but I forgot to ask him when I saw him. It is clear now what I need.

Thanks again,
  • [quote=Joe Bleasdale;36412]Times in a chase.
    Again, I am not infront of a console, so cant check this myself. Is it only the "wait" column that is ignored, can I have delays, fade in/outs in a chase. Also will delays etc be affected by the beat? If I have a ridicularly fast beat and have a delay.. will the cue end up not firing because the delay is too long and the next step has gone?

Does anybody have an answer to this query?

Thanks, :)
  • [QUOTE=Joe Bleasdale;36700]Does anybody have an answer to this query?

Thanks, :)

What result are you going for? a chase with an irregular beat? Putting a delay time in a chase seems odd to me....

Depending on what you are going for - you could make a "chase" using follow times and not enabling "is as chase". Make sure you have wrap to beginning set and put a follow time in cue 1 as well... it should act like a chase but give you individual control over the time of each 'step' .

Or am I completely missing the point here?

Mark
  • Your getting the right idea mark, but i wanted it as a chase. I know it could be done that way, but in terms of time limitations I dont think it would be a fast option. Yes the chase will have an irregular beat.

Thanks for your input,
Related