problem with working cuelists merging

Ilya PiotrovksyIlya Piotrovksy Registered User
I get a strange bug sometimes. When I megre some information to working cue from working cuelist and make it several times, i can get situation when my changes isn't properly saved to a cue.
So i make merging - press clear, and my information dissapear, But when i open cue in editor - its OK again. So i can see my changes only opened in editor.

Sorry for bad english)

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    The issues you are seeing.. has it happened in previous releases? Can you repro it in previous releases?
  • Ilya PiotrovksyIlya Piotrovksy Registered User
    edited March 2009
    the same.
    i have 2 desks and this can happen on both

When i dont have a time to make preprograming, i use one cue as "background"
    So its always run. And then i merge global info change into it sometimes.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Ilya,

Do you know what information you are merging into a cue? We are aware of some problems that can occur when merging CMY into a cue that is using HS for instance. Can you provide us with more details as to what you are doing, then we should be able to determine what is happening.

thanks,
    edited March 2009
    ok

This cuelist dont have a master. and I never use HS. I merge different type of information - position, color, beam and some times its direct (not a pallet info). Yersteday i noticed that "integrity check" sometimes finds and checks error after cue merging.
    edited March 2009
    If the check comes back with errors, then I think the showfile may well be corrupted. Giving a copy to HES could be a good option. Did you make any backups? If so what does an integrity check find when run on them?
    edited March 2009
    i can send this file. So i made a check - and errors was fixed but after some time errors can appear again
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited March 2009
    Hi Ilya,if you have time try this method.
    Select your fixtures and the pallette that you want to change/update and record it to a empty cuelist so you can see it onstage.
    Make a copy of the pallette so you have a backup of it.
    Again select your fixtures and the pallette,make any changes required,select touch on the toolbar,deselect or select any masking required ,press record "beam pallette x "or whatever pallette it is,a popup should appear giving you options to merge,replace,update etc choose replace.Clear your programmer.
    If your cuelist is still playing back it should have updated with all the new information you have just recorded or alternatively pig release and play it back again and see what happens.You should see an updated cuelist.
    Merge is not fully working as it is supposed to as far as i can see in version 3.0 onwards.
    It may not be a corrupt show but just very odd information being recorded or not.
    my thoughts C
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    One possibility is it may be a refresh issue. If you change pages and come back and replay the cue, does the new cue have the correct information?
    edited March 2009
    will try
  • reifaelreifael Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I get a strange bug sometimes. When I megre some information to working cue from working cuelist and make it several times, i can get situation when my changes isn't properly saved to a cue.
    So i make merging - press clear, and my information dissapear, But when i open cue in editor - its OK again. So i can see my changes only opened in editor.

Sorry for bad english)

...i know this bug till today only from hog 1000...sometimes i update cues-release-run the cue...cue looks like before updating....if i say "load cue" ...the cue looks correct....

...my solution in this situations...save-shut down-load show again....and everythings perfect...

...but this was a problem, i didn´t mention to the support cause i only can say sometimes, maybe all 20 hours of programming, this problem occurs....to difficult to solve this...i think...
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Reifael,

Hog-1000 and RoadHog run on two totally different software platforms.
    edited March 2009
    Yes, I think your just seeing a coincidence Reifael.
    edited March 2009
    Reifael,

Hog-1000 and RoadHog run on two totally different software platforms.

...;) of course and i said nothing different... i only wanted to note, that i know the same problem from a different system, but this doesn´t mean, that the source can´t be similar....

regards
    edited March 2009
    Well I was under the impression that H2 software (which is what the 1K runs) has windows underlying it. Whereas the Wholehog 3 for example has linux. The problem may well be unique to the software or not. I think thats a thing for the software developers at HES should look into.

Thanks,
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hog 2, 500, and 1000 all run a proprietary OS I believe.
    I don't believe it is linux, but it definetly is not windows.
    Now iPC of course is a different story. :)

Joshua Wood
    edited March 2009
    Woodj32177 wrote: »
    Hog 2, 500, and 1000 all run a proprietary OS I believe.
    I don't believe it is linux, but it definetly is not windows.
    Now iPC of course is a different story. :)

Joshua Wood

Agreed. But didnt Hog 2 O/S already run sufficently well on windows, this was why the iPC was windows based..? Not sure on that though, someone from hES please feel free to elaborate as I am interested in the background of this.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hog 2 PC was built for windows. The best way to allow the IPC to dual boot Hog 2 and Hog III was to use the same os in the background. That also gave users a pc based program for the Hog III. Hog II,Hog 1000 and Hog 500 don't have a hard drive for the OS and at the most 8 megs of ram.
    edited March 2009
    bradpepe wrote: »
    Ilya,

Do you know what information you are merging into a cue? We are aware of some problems that can occur when merging CMY into a cue that is using HS for instance. Can you provide us with more details as to what you are doing, then we should be able to determine what is happening.

thanks,

...well brad, today i also had my old updating problem from hog 1000 also on my fullboar 3.0.2...

- htp fader , cue 1, with channels 1-8
    - open cue 1,editor window (press edit)
    - channel 1 +2 , knockout
    - update
    - open cue 1 again, only channel 3-8 are shown in the editor window, but if i move the fader, channel 1-8 fades in
    - restart the console
    - fader works fine without channel 1+2....

....any idea ??

...friendly regards...
    edited March 2009
    Reifael,

You have found bug #9645... This can occur as you describe when knocking out fixtures from an HTP list. The HTP list must release control before the changes will be reflected on stage. You can force this by turning off the HTP and turning it back on in Cuelist options, or by changing to another page and back to the original page. You do not have to restart the console to clear this state.

I have updated the bug report with your information. This bug will be part of an HTP rework we plan to do in the near future.

edited March 2009
    OMG! System had almost 10k erorrs))))
    edited March 2009
    OMG! System had almost 10k erorrs))))

Whooow, did you use the integrity check in the show manager? If so I think there are some serious problems with that showfile. Do you get the same result in older backups? I would speak to HES support and ask them to take a look at it. Are you in a show enviroment at the moment?
    edited March 2009
    Hehe)))) , I am talking about bug number, u said that Reifael found bug is #9645
    edited March 2009
    Ohh. Understood now! I thought you error checked and found 10,000 system bugs.
    edited March 2009
    Ilya,

Please do not let the bug numbering fool you. We use a large bug tracking program that numbers items as they are logged. The system covers many HES products, not just Wholehog and also contains feature requests in addition to software bugs. Furthermore the system is cumulative so it has bugs logged going back many many years, most of which are fixed and closed. Many bugs are also logged for internal builds that never make it out to the public.

So again the bug numbering is not an indication of a total number of bugs for a specific product, but rather a representation of much of the software development that goes on at HES.
    edited March 2009
    I made a little investigation. The problem comes when i use fixtures merged from library file. I use librares made by Steve. So when I megre some information to working cue from working cuelist and make it several times, i can get situation when my changes isn't properly saved to a cue. And when i RESTART desktop i have a right cue!!!

I think it will help to find a bug.