Full Boar console crashing

grega_rmsgrega_rms Registered User
Dear HES stuff!

I have trouble with Full boar console. XPE image 1.3.0. and software release 2440 (3.0.2.), patched 24 desk chanels and 10 moving heads.

First of all console needs 10 minutes to load system up. This time has extended when loading last XPE image on. My second urgent problem is that the desk is working perfectly but it often happens that is alive but no dmx output. Dmx values are changing but no effect! Only solution is that I restart the console.

There is no log file for that event.

Please help!

BR

Comments

• Steve89Steve89 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I have exactly the same problem!!
    I work with a Road Hog Software version 3.0.2. with 60 VL 2500 spot and wash and some conventionals.
    On different moments all the lights on the desktop goes off. Not the touchscreens
    That is during around 10 seconds. Than likes the console is working fine but that is'nt true.
    I can do everything on the console. I can toch groups and give them an intensity, color, beam etc. I can step through cues, But there is no Output!
    And there is no log file.
    The only solution is restart the console (Not only log off) and than it works again!

What is happening!
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    All,

We are currently aware of the problem where the Full Boar stops outputting for about 10 seconds and are working on this as a top priority.

Grega_RMS,
    Regarding the console taking 10 min to boot, is this a measured time or just an estimate? The current image does take a bit longer to boot than previous images, but it should be less than 3 min, not in the neighborhood of 10 min. Please clarify so we can determine what is happening here.

thanks,
  • grega_rmsgrega_rms Registered User
    edited March 2009
    When the console is loading up everything seems to be normal, but just before it shows the logon screen it stops with two blank screen and just cursour on one. It stays there about 5 min and then the logon screen appears.

Br
    Grega
    edited March 2009
    Dear HES,

I have quite big show to run in two days. What should I do with my console, because I can not be shure in it !

Br
    Grega
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    Grega

One thing to try is set your IP settings to 'Use Defualt IP Settings' and 'Enable DHCP and Boot Server'.
    I think your deck is looking for an ip address so it is taking a little longer to boot.
    But as Brad stated the full boot up time is less than 3 min.

Next time the output goes into 'refresh' try the following before restarting the desk.
    1. Hitting 'Blind' then 'Blind' again

2. Pig+Open+Backspace (<- key on the keypad)
    Right click on the dp8k and Kill the process
    Right click on the dp8k and Restart the process
    edited March 2009
    Ok I will try with changing Ip settings, but killing and restaring dp8k doesn't help. I have allready tried that.

Br
    Grega
    edited March 2009
    Dear Michael,

I tried to set settings for network but no results. Console take about 13 minutes to load to logon screen. Loading time extended with ver. 3.0. Is there any date when new version will be released. My boss is getting pretty nervous regarding the Full Boar, because in one year console didn't work perfectly without any problems and asking me all the time why we didn't bought MA or Avo.

Br
    Gregor
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    Grega,

To supplement Michael's email, it's important that you also set the fixture link adapter to a static IP address as well to ensure a faster bootup. You can do this by launching your show, going into the network window, selecting the DP8000, clicking on settings, and chosing to use a custom static IP address under the artnet tab.

What's troubling is that even with both network adapters set to DHCP the console should, at worst, only take 2 minutes to boot. So, if setting these adapters to a static IP doesn't help I strongly recommend re-imaging your console with the v1.3.0 recovery image and re-upgrading to 3.0.2.
    edited March 2009
    Thank you Chris,

The console boots up three times faster. What can we do about loosing dmx output and regarding new software revision?

Br
    Gregor
    edited March 2009
    We are testing like mad here to try and track down the lost dmx issue. The best thing you could do now is upload your show file to us at upload.highend.com and let us drive around the show file. More than likely what is happening is that the server is getting busy which is choking messaging to the DP8K and leaving you in dmx keep alive (a 5hz dmx stream with no control) instead of completely knocking out your dmx output. The key is figuring out what tasks you are doing that are causing the server to choke.

In the mean time it is not unreasonable to downgrade your desk to v2.6.0. Your v3.0 show file will load and work on 2.6.0 as long as you clone your DP8000 patch to a DP2000 and remove the DP8000 from the show.
    edited March 2009
    Please send me email address for show file...

br
    gregor
    edited March 2009
    Our email system does not handle show files reliably so it's best if you visit this web address to upload your show file to us:

http://ftp.highend.com/upload/

Use my name as the recipient. Thanks.
  • Steve89Steve89 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    bradpepe wrote: »
    All,

We are currently aware of the problem where the Full Boar stops outputting for about 10 seconds and are working on this as a top priority.

Is this bug resolved in software version 3.0.3?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Stefan,

The bug itself is still open because we have not found a reliable reproduction of the bug. There are some code changes in 3.0.3 that may prevent the problem from occurring going forward, but we are still researching this bug as a high priority. Please let us know if you experience it again...

thanks,