Widget Upgrade Problem

Tobi MoosmannTobi Moosmann Registered User
Hi,

I've upgraded my 3PC to 3.0.2
I would like also to upgrade my SuperWidget to 3.0.2.
But the Widget upgrader does not recognize the superwidget.
I've got the message: "No DMX Widgets found"

The Windows recognize the Superwidget, but can't communicate correctly.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

Cheers Tobi

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Have you "mapped" the widget?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Tobi,

You do NOT need to update your widget. When you run Hog 3PC it automatically sends the firmware to the widget. The Widget Upgrader utility is for older single DMX widgets that were previously only compatible with Hog 2PC.

My guess is that if you have not been using any v3.0.x software, then you might not know about the changes to the widget configuration. All information is detailed in the v3.0.0 release notes and the v3.0 user manual/help files. Also you can learn more in this video:
    http://www.highend.com/support/training/Files/Video_7-WhatsNew/whatsnew.html

Basically in the pre-v3.0.x software you would configure the widgets in the control panel. Now you need to go to the Network window to configure the widgets.

If you still have problems, please contact our support department directly at 800-890-8989.
  • Tobi MoosmannTobi Moosmann Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hi at all,

What you mean with "mapped"?

The system info window of my 3PC says that no Widget are detected.
    So i could also not found it under settings in the network window...

I've tried also to connect it at different usb ports directly. Without succes.

Thx for further help!

Tobi
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Are you talking about going from H2PC to H3PC?

If I remember correctly Super Widgets never needed to be upgraded from H2PC to H3PC. Unlike the earlier single universe widgets, they have always been capable of H3PC.

FYI - Widgets do not require software updates, b/c the DMX processing takes place on the PC it is connected to.....the widget is simply an output device. The only devices that require updates are the DP-8000 and DP-2000 because they actaully do the processing internally and take the load off of the main system.

Make sure you have at least one fixture patched....otherwise the widget will "sleep" until it has some actual information to send out.

Hope this helps. :)
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Tobi,

You need to go to the Network window, select the DP8000 and then press Settings. Then navigate to the Widgets Output tab. There you can configure your widget and assign it to a DMX output.

Plus as Marty says you also will need to patch in at least one fixture to "wake" the widget up.