Content creation

Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
edited April 2009 in HES Automated Lighting
Guys,
I would like to have a crack at creating content for the showpix/studiopix. Can I do it in paint then save as a bitmap file.. or is it more complicated. What exactly do I have to do?

Any of you product support guys from HES that fancy giving me some tips please feel free to email me, reply to this or call me on 07846355073 (after 5pm GMT on a weekday).

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Joe,

The Echo application will allow you to import most any format. Then Echo will show you a simulation of what the content will look like on a SHOWPIX or StudioPix. We use Flash to create animations, but most any software can be used to create your images or animations.

Read this page for custom content creation tips:
    http://www.highend.com/support/LED/pixelation_luminaires/showpix/SHOWPIX_Custom_Content.asp

Also the Echo user manual has further information:
    http://www.highend.com/pub/products/EchoUserManual.pdf
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    On a sidenote...is there going to be a Flash template put up for StudioPix? I already the Showpix, but noticed there isn't a template for StudioPix.
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    edited March 2009
    Well aren't you just on the ball...too bad I can't find fixtures. :poke: Looks like I'm probably going to go with Showpix if the budget can hold 'em.
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Hey I do what I can ;) Sorry we couldn't find any Studio fixtures closer to you. Hopefully the SHOWPIX will work out.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    You know Jon...

If you don't use the outer two rings of LEDs from your SHOWPIX they will look just like StudioPix! Plus you can create your content for StudioPix and upload it to SHOWPIX and it will not use the outer two rings either... furthermore you can convert SHOWPIX content to StudioPix within Echo (and then back to SHOWPIX) and the content will be without the outer two rings.

So we give you lots of options to make your SHOWPIX look like StudioPix. Now maybe you can convince your rental company that since you will not be using 1/3 of the LEDs that they should give you a discount.:headbang:
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the help Brad! :friday:

I'll have to see if Cinelease will do that...especially if I tell them you said they should. :p
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Now thats both clever and interesting... I can't wait to use these fixtures!
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Right, I have my content creation sorted. My technical manager can actually do it for me. He also says that if anybody from the HES forums wants content created, he is happy to as he knows how nice people are around here. He is very experienced with video and timecode, so if you want a good deal drop me a PM. No job to big or small ;). It actually isnt half as hard as I thought. Great work HES!