Hog PC Files not seen buy Hog 3

stephlightstephlight Registered User
Hello,

I'm using Hog 3 Pc V3.O.2 and Hog 3 V3.0.2. Tests had been made using network or burned CD. It seems that the Hog 3 can't see a file that had been created with Hog 3 PC, this file can be opened by an other hog 3 PC running on an other computer.

At the opposite if I create a show on the hog 3 and I save it on a via network Pc the Hog 3 can see it and the Hog 3 PC can open it.

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Stephlight,

Are you burning your CD on a Mac? This could be the cause... If not, what program are you using to burn your CD?
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    Are you "backing up" the show first or trying to move over the entire show file? You need to "backup" first and then expand the show on the other platform.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hello

To Brad,
    I'm burning the show on a PC with AmoK (free software), I used it with success to burn Hog 3 software update and to merge Lib.

To Jon,
    In the folder I have Show (not bacup) that have been made on PC, Bacup that have been done on PC from HOG 3 PC, backup that have been done on PC from Hog 3, Hog 3 only see tha one that have been backup with hog 3, all had been backup with hog PC is not seen.

Thanks
  • jhillenkotterjhillenkotter Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Steph, have you ever tried to burn a backup CD with your Hog3 PC by using the CD Burning function in the Show Manager window as you would do on the actual console?

JENS
    edited March 2009
    I had made that, it is the same. I have burned two backup using Hog 3 PC, one backup made with hog 3 PC and one with the hog 3, I can't see the first on Hog 3 but the second is good.
    edited March 2009
    Steph,

What is the full filename and extension that is on the CD when you browse it with Windows Explorer?
    edited March 2009
    Mylene Farmer 2009_bck.hog3.tar.gz is OK
    Mylène_bck.hog3.tar.gz is not OK
    edited March 2009
    I think I found, the è seems to be the problem, I will make more tests to find with witch letters I have troubles.
    edited March 2009
    Ah ha!

That makes sense given some early bugs with dashes and other characters in a filename. I suspect this is a problem on the Linux console and thus why you are not seeing it on your Hog 3PC. Please let us know the findings of your testing... I will log a bug as well.

thanks!
    edited March 2009
    Ok I will do it tomorrow morning.
    edited March 2009
    I test it this morning and all nominate letters are:

à, è, ì, ò, ù
    À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù

á, é, í, ó, ú, ý
    Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú, Ý

â, ê, î, ô, û
    Â, Ê, Î, Ô, Û

ã, ñ, õ
    Ã, Ñ, Õ

ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ
    Ä, Ë, Ï, Ö, Ü, Ÿ

æ, Æ

œ, Œ

ç, Ç

I will let you know if i find more.
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Steph,

I have created bug #12745 for this issue. We appreciate your testing and posting of the results.
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Brad, It is a pleasure to help a team that doing all they can to help us!