Rosco Keystroke

I have been throught the manual and the forums and I am unable to find anything concerning the Rosco Keystroke...so here goes.

I need the Hog to basically send a DMX signal that triggers the Keystroke and then releases immediately, as if you were to just flash a fixture once. I would like to be able to set this up as a flash on the pallettes as well as through a cue trigger. I am trying to automate this with my other running cues to trigger video backgrounds through ProPresenter.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Eric
  • First of all, you just patch a "Desk Channel" as the keystroke, unless it's more than 1 DMX channel. I think it's only one though from what I read on the Rosco website.

In order to flash it as a palette, you would have to first pick a group (which would be just the Keystroke) and then choose an intensity palette (or any palette that you mask to intensity only. The other way to do it, which may be more what you're going for, is to make a scene that has this only in it (with a zero second time). You could then write in a release via comment macros in the same scene set. (ie RS1 for releasing scene 1). Make sure you have the guard button on to allow the scenes to work on the touchscreen.

To make it as a cuelist, just setup the cuelist as HTP OR IPCB (as it's just a 1-channel unit and will operate like a dimmer) with the single desk channel for the Keystroke in it. Then just press the flash button and it will activate the channel. If you release it, it will release.

You can also set the same scene on the fader as well, so that you don't have to write two different lists if you go in the scene direction.
  • I figured I could do it that way. I was just wondering if there was a way to get one cue to trigger and release in one step so that I can put it in my song cues so that the video would change as needed with the music. The videos will be setup ahead of time and the Keystroke will just forward through ProPresenter as the show progresses. Unless there is a better way I will just have to set up another fader, I suppose.
  • Well, how about in two cues?? You can have a blank (or non-blank) cue in your main cuestack trigger a virtual cuelist via comment macro (GL#). The first cue of your virtual list or scene would have the Keystroke at full. The next cue in the virtrual list would then have a release in it as another comment macro (RL#) to make it go away again.

You wouldn't really want it to trigger in one cue, as the cue may not complete fully. So your second cue in the virtual list would have a 1 second wait time or something similar to make sure the first cue completes.

You can also trigger the cuelist on the touchscreen in the same way as I mentioned above the scenes. Therefore, you have a palette of sorts with which to trigger it as well as a way to incorporate it into your show.

Is that what you're looking for?
  • I thought of that too. I was hoping there was a way to set up a cue just to do a single flash as the cue is triggered. That may be more of a keystroke macro thing that the Hog can't do yet. Oh well, it was more of a hope that it really was an easy fix. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.
  • Well, let's say this then, not that I know of, sorry. Hopefully someone else on here can help you!
  • As Patrick suggested, I would make a 2-cue list that can be virtual. (Now I'm assuming that the keystroke command is always the same).

Cue 1 - "Keystroke" at Full
    Cue 1.1 (or whatever) - Wait time of 0.2 with a RLx in the comment macro (where x is the list number for the Keystroke list)
    Be sure to set options to "Reset on Release"

Now, in your main list, on the cue where you want the slide to change, in the comment macro just put in "GLx" where "x" is the Keystroke list. It will run and auto release.

Anytime you need a slide change, just drop that GLx in the comment macro and you're good to go.
  • Thanks, that worked after some playing around with it a little.
Related