keyboard layout

BenJournoBenJourno Registered User
Hi everybody,
I tried to send this bug a couple of times on different ways to flying pig, but got never any response.
So here a try again (wondering, why never found, cause this error is as old as I use the hog):

It is not possible to change the keyboard layout. I want to use the german layout. But as often as I change the layout in the setting as often the hog changes it back. I really hate this bug.

Am I the only one who don't want to get a Z when I press the Z button and a Y when I press the Y button?

Friendly regard,
Ben

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Is you language on the console set as german?
  • BenJournoBenJourno Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hmm good question, I think not, I did not even know thats it is possible to set a console language?
    And I don't want to use german language at the whole console. That would mean the button "touch" would be called "berühren"?
    Thats not cool, I wouldn't find anything on the console.

I only set Keyboard model to Generic 101 (standard) and Keyboard layout to German.

But takes no effect. What way should I go?

Sorry for my bad english ;)
    edited March 2009
    OK. I have assumed you can change the consoles languages because the user manual is avalible in 7 different languages as well as on the console. Now why do you want the keyboard in german and the Hog not. Are you german or not? I think that this may be the issue, the console is in English so wont ''talk'' with the german keyboard. I will look into language changing..
    edited March 2009
    A quick search showed that there are some bugs logged for foreign keyboard commands. Whether they are fixed or not I do not know. I cant seem to find a way to change the language of the actual console either, just the help sections. Have you called your local HES support?
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited March 2009
    What console and what software verision?

I just changed my Hog III to the German layout and it switched to qwertz instead of qwerty. I have 3.0.0 installed, but I don't think anything's changed in the keyboard handling in 3.0.1 or 3.0.2.
    edited March 2009
    Yeah the language of the manual is no problem, but I warn you, if you ever learn german, use the english version of the manual. The german is so old, I always read the english manual.

I wrote an email to the local contact person of HES in Germany, but he didn't answer.
    I also tried to call him, no chance.

I also reported some other bugs, in 2.6.0. In 3.0.1 they was still avaiblibe, didn't try it in 3.0.2 but I think they are still availible...

I am a little bit sad cause of the support from HES :(

UPDATE:
    I tried it @ 2.4, 2.6, 3.0.1, 3.0.2. Always the same.
    Wondering how you do that?
    edited March 2009
    Try contacting Jens Killenkotter. He is here in the UK but from what I have heard, he travels alot! Eric, how do you change the language of the consoles please?

Thanks,
    edited March 2009
    Ben: What console are you using? HogIII, iPC, Road Hog of Full Boar? Make sure you press OK or Apply before you close the control panel after selecting the keyboard layout. It's possible the German layout broke in 3.0.1, but I suspect there's another problem. Are you using a USB or PS2 keyboard?

Joe: The console's user interface is in English only. You can change the keyboard layout to match most of the regional keyboards with layouts like AZERTY and QWERTZ and the various accented characters that aren't on the US english keyboard.
    edited March 2009
    I am using the Road Hog Full Boar with an usb keyboard.
    I tried "apply" and "ok", both doesn't work.
    edited March 2009
    What XPe image version? I havn't used a german keyboard on a Roadhog, but I think the test lab was doing some work with Non-US keyboards lately. I'll ask around.
    edited March 2009
    I think it was the latest XPe Image vers (1.3.0).
    edited March 2009
    Looks like this is a known issue with the XPe based consoles:
    #8979 - iPC and Road Hog: Cannot change keyboard layout
  • maikelmaikel Registered User
    edited July 2011
    the keyboard mode ist still english

i change the Z and Y letters on my USB keyboard and for / - # i use
    gaffa tape and a pen

HA HA HA

thumbs up ... Maikel
    ericthegeek;35761 said: