ipc hog 3 crash pallette timing and editing?

Phil333Phil333 Registered User
while recording clr palletes with timing the hog 3 software crashes and stops responding.

and while trying to open a pallette to edit.

what's going on. it has happened twice after rebooting????

is this hardware or software, looks like hog 3 software??

help.

have quite an intense programming session coming up, will going back to hog 2 help, I don't know seeing its the same machine?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    The crash occurs on openning the palette or after editing the palette?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    You will not be able to edit a Global or Per Type palette directly....you will need to Merge in new data.

Hope this helps:)
  • Phil333Phil333 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    recorded the pallette with time, and it did not seem to take the time, using the exact syntax used in the manual, I then tried to open the pallette in the pallette editor window, thats when the crash or hang occured. the ipc screen saver or boot image comes up on the two screens and on the 3rd elo touch attached. The leds are still lit on the fader play buttons and I still have control over the mouse pointer with the ball and thats all.
    edited March 2009
    Marty,how do I merge timing into the palette? I tried by editing and this crashed the console, I even tried by recording with the color time 5s record option and it did not take and then crashed when I tried to open the clr palette to edit the time.

thanks for the help by the way.

I'm all the way down in Cape Town ( tip of AFRICA )

very few hog programmers here, just moved over to hog 3.
    edited March 2009
    I love Cape Town! Great city! Are you glad to be wrapping up summer?

Try this:

- select fixtures
    - adjust timing and colour
    - MERGE, then Use C + Use T
    - select palette

Hope it helps.:)
    edited March 2009
    It's been super hot, lots of fires, but this is good for the mountains actually, (the fynbos love it) not so good for the people living on them, we're actually only getting busy now work wise, was a pretty quiet summer.

i'll try that thanks.

in the future should I not try edit or record the way I did, causing the crash? I followed the manuals suggestion?
    edited March 2009
    Recording shouldn't be a problem, but as I mentioned earlier if your palette was created as Per Type or Global, then trying to directly edit it will give you problems.

Use the same sequence I listed above but substitute RECORD for MERGE when createing a new palette and you should be good to go from there.
    edited March 2009
    I'll give that a go thanks.

few more questions, sorry about this mate.

What is as per type and global? can one change that? should I record seperate color palettes for each fixture type rather?
    edited March 2009
    rather than post a wordy reply here...check out section 17 in the manual.....especially section 17.6.